2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bloke i know speaks to Jamie Hoyland a lot. Says Ancelotti is great. Really down to earth and approachable.

Marco Silva on the other hand was hated by the staff and is a proper Bell.

I was quite shocked at that.

I suspect Silva retreated a lot after the initial questions about his job security

Kendall might be the best in terms of delivering trophies for us but if you look at the other clubs he managed and what he achieved outside of that first stint at Everton shows he wasn't a world class manager. He was just perfect for us during his first spell and God bless him for that.
It’s only my opinion, but if English clubs hadn’t been banned from Europe I think Kendall would’ve achieved the greatest prize with us and gone on to win more cups and championships. It’s all conjecture, but I think his heart went out of it and the booze started to affect him. For me he’s still the best manager we ever had, brought unconfined joy back to Goodison. Carlo has a better CV but who knows how far Howard could’ve gone.

I expected us to lose every match in December and be 20th at the turn of the year.

So yes 7th, 5 points off 4th, with no signings in January, and we are a couple of days into February is a little minor miracle in my opinion.

Cannot believe how he has turned this shower around, into a competitive outfit in the space of, ostensibly, two months.

So anybody who says we have beaten the teams we should be beating its just weird; at the beginning of December we were not supposed to be beating any teams.
Exactly.

Before he arrived we were getting pumped by "teams we should be beating".

It’s going quite well but I refuse to get excited as things went well with Martinez and Koeman at first, I know Carlo is on another level to them but it’s going to take a long time for me to ever be optimistic again when it comes to Everton.

First job he’s had for a while where he’s not under immediate pressure and the fans are in immediate adoration. When people ask why would he come to/stay at Everton, maybe the answer is simply he enjoys it. He’s already worshipped by the fans, he pretty much has a free swing for the length of his contract as long as he avoids relegation. If he achieves anything he’ll be an instant legend. He has time and resources to have a crack at the best comp in the world whilst others such as United Arsenal and Chelsea are in transition.

Compare that to Madrid where it was ‘win the CL or you’re fired’, and then he was fired even after winning it. Napoli where it was ‘play even better football than our favourite ever modern manager and unless you beat Juventus to the league you’re fired’. PSG ‘win everything or you’re fired’ and Bayern which was the same.

He’s probably getting a similar feeling he had in the early days of his career where he has time and space to work before he launched himself into the elite with Milan and it’s been constant pressure to driver ever since.

It’s only my opinion, but if English clubs hadn’t been banned from Europe I think Kendall would’ve achieved the greatest prize with us and gone on to win more cups and championships. It’s all conjecture, but I think his heart went out of it and the booze started to affect him. For me he’s still the best manager we ever had, brought unconfined joy back to Goodison. Carlo has a better CV but who knows how far Howard could’ve gone.

Carlo has a long way to go to match or surpass Howard. Great times ahead if he does!

I believe we would have won the European cup and had we had the chance to which would have been great. It isn't like Howard's records in finals was perfect though, we lost more than we won. Who knows if we still had European football and Howard stayed would we have continued to kick on? No point thinking about it really as it's a sore subject.

Kendall was outstanding for us in the first spell. The football landscape was so different back then. The likes of Ipswich, Southampton and Watford secured high finishes in the league based on astute signings and not because they paid the highest wages. He built a championship winning team from nothing. His legacy is for all to see, but I’ve no doubt he would have won the European cup in 86 and our team, rather then breaking up because of the euro ban, would have got even stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.