Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal and Man Utds squad is NOT that much different to ours.

Ancelotti is a manager who attracts top players because of his name. If Everton get him, the type pf player Everton can atttact will be better than someone like Silva ever could.

This squad does not need a massive overhaul.

People are also contradicting themselves. They say Ancelotti is good at managing massively expensive squads. Then what is Everton right now?

Genuine question. Will Everton be the most expensive squad he has ever managed.

Alan Myers (who could teach King a thing or two about journalism) has written that Everton needs to fit Ancelotti, as opposed to Ancelotti fitting Everton. If he is coming it will mean big investment IMO

I absolutely agree with this, as there is no way we are getting Ancelotti on anything other than his own terms.

I'm not sure about a big budget though, yes I'm sure we will spend but that has to be seen in the context of the overall length of contract. My hunch is that he will want a greater degree of involvement in lining up targets, and that has to mean a dilution of Brands role in that aspect.

We need considerable work to get us into competitive shape, and that dictates the type of player you can sign, particularly in the early stages. I don't think players will rush to Goodison simply because Ancelotti is the manager, not if they have options to play in Europe elsewhere.

A lot of patience will be needed, but if appointed they have to trust to give him free rein to implement the changes he thinks are necessary. The good thing is I believe a lot can be done for us in the short-term outside of simply spending money with an experienced, competent, and accomplished manager that he clearly is.

The club have to go with the flow on this as the one thing we know for sure is that the methods of a succession of lesser managers clearly have be shown to fail.

It's gonna hurt and suck just as much as with Koeman when he eventually loses the dressing room. But what do i know
Well unlike Koeman the players won't get away with it this time. Koeman was deeply unpopular with great chunks of our fans from day one so it was easy when everything went wrong for the fans to turn on him. Ditto for Silva. That wont fly with Ancelotti, its the players who will find themselves taking all the abuse if this appointment goes pear shaped, it will be them taking the blame.

Koeman didn’t lose the dressing room, the club lost Koeman.

We were doing fine , and then the hysterical booing and hissing started at the slightest hint of a drop in form and he looked like he was going to laugh his head off on the touchline.

That’s the worry with Ancelotti, he’s won the lot. If and when the hysteria starts when have a dip in form , how will he react? The worry is , him and his team will switch off the club totally. Exactly like Koeman did

You wha?

We were “doing fine” under Koeman for first six matches of his reign....then we hardly won a game from the middle of September until December.

Rom carried the bugger through the remainder of the season.

Was never interested in the club....couldn’t even be arsed interrupting his holiday to come and sign his multi million pound deal.

Advised Lukaku to think of moving to “further his career” at the second international break in his first season.

A horrible appointment and a horrible, though thankfully short, managerial era at EFC.

Gazzetta dello Sport double down on that information today, saying that Ancelotti and Everton reached a broad agreement over a deal on Monday, but there are still several issues to be dealt with.

Chief among these is the ‘final closure’ of his deal with Napoli, while he is also to agree on his contract at Goodison Park, his staff and wants assurances over the next two transfer windows.

Gazzetta provide little information on any of those fronts, other than the fact his son Davide will join him, and he will have a deal until 2024. Corriere Dello Sport, though, have the lowdown on everything and provide plenty of details about what the situation will look like for Ancelotti at Everton.

They confirm that his deal will run until 2024 and this will be worth €6m per year, although that figure includes his staff. The whole ‘engagement’ will set Everton back €27m.

Ancelotti has assurances of ‘major investments in the market’ and has also had it confirmed that the club would not be moving Moise Kean on as he is a player the manager likes.

There is also an assurance he will have ‘freedom of action’, which suggests Everton are ready to let the veteran boss take the reins and do as he pleases.

The plan now is for Ancelotti to return to Italy on Wednesday to discuss the end of his contract with Napoli and then he’ll return to Liverpool before being officially announced.

The hope is that he will be in charge by next week for the Boxing Day clash with Burnley at Goodison Park, with Gazzetta and Corriere both saying that will be the case.

6m per year? Even Frank Lampard is getting that and he’s a rookie manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.