Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would your 'reservation' be if we didn't appoint the best ? I really don't understand this logic at all.

I'd suggest re evaluating the situation, as we are literally about to appoint the best bar 3 managers. If you have reservations about this then somethings wrong.

It may or may not work out but Ancelotti is the best chance out there to work out.

Fair enough, mate. We’ll agree to disagree. Like I said, I’m not saying in any way that it’s a bad appointment or that he’s a bad manager.

There is such a thing as being overqualified and I’d say that’s apt here. He’s got mountains of excellent experience doing precisely the kind of jobs he won’t be doing here.

This is the thing. People are talking about their reservations on Ancelotti as though Eddie Howe (or whoever else we could get) coming in would guarantee success

No, that’s precisely the point!

No manager guarantee’s success, not even this one - one of the most successful of all time - and all managers represent risk, including this one.

Discussing that risk is not negative or trolling.

Gazzetta dello Sport double down on that information today, saying that Ancelotti and Everton reached a broad agreement over a deal on Monday, but there are still several issues to be dealt with.

Chief among these is the ‘final closure’ of his deal with Napoli, while he is also to agree on his contract at Goodison Park, his staff and wants assurances over the next two transfer windows.

Gazzetta provide little information on any of those fronts, other than the fact his son Davide will join him, and he will have a deal until 2024. Corriere Dello Sport, though, have the lowdown on everything and provide plenty of details about what the situation will look like for Ancelotti at Everton.

They confirm that his deal will run until 2024 and this will be worth €6m per year, although that figure includes his staff. The whole ‘engagement’ will set Everton back €27m.

Ancelotti has assurances of ‘major investments in the market’ and has also had it confirmed that the club would not be moving Moise Kean on as he is a player the manager likes.

There is also an assurance he will have ‘freedom of action’, which suggests Everton are ready to let the veteran boss take the reins and do as he pleases.

The plan now is for Ancelotti to return to Italy on Wednesday to discuss the end of his contract with Napoli and then he’ll return to Liverpool before being officially announced.

The hope is that he will be in charge by next week for the Boxing Day clash with Burnley at Goodison Park, with Gazzetta and Corriere both saying that will be the case.

Wish they'd hurry up. Waiting to press the button on Xmas pressie for the Mrs

Gab Marcotti was asked on ESPN FC. today whether this would happen. He said it's not a done deal but that - and this is my point - that Usmanov and
Moshiri have brokered the deal and that it might appeal to Ancelotti. He went on to say why it would appeal to him. I don't know when the show went to
air, but I heard it ten minutes ago.

I see all these arguments that he’s more accustomed to working from the off with talented world class players.....does anyone know if he has a track record of buying and developing players himself??

No, that’s precisely the point!

No manager guarantee’s success, not even this one - one of the most successful of all time - and all managers represent risk, including this one.

Discussing that risk is not negative or trolling.

I take your point.

But its like winning the lottery and then moaning about the fact that you could lose it all with bad investments.

Just be happy we're going for one of the best and not Dour Davey or Fat Sam!

Gazzetta dello Sport double down on that information today, saying that Ancelotti and Everton reached a broad agreement over a deal on Monday, but there are still several issues to be dealt with.

Chief among these is the ‘final closure’ of his deal with Napoli, while he is also to agree on his contract at Goodison Park, his staff and wants assurances over the next two transfer windows.

Gazzetta provide little information on any of those fronts, other than the fact his son Davide will join him, and he will have a deal until 2024. Corriere Dello Sport, though, have the lowdown on everything and provide plenty of details about what the situation will look like for Ancelotti at Everton.

They confirm that his deal will run until 2024 and this will be worth €6m per year, although that figure includes his staff. The whole ‘engagement’ will set Everton back €27m.

Ancelotti has assurances of ‘major investments in the market’ and has also had it confirmed that the club would not be moving Moise Kean on as he is a player the manager likes.

There is also an assurance he will have ‘freedom of action’, which suggests Everton are ready to let the veteran boss take the reins and do as he pleases.

The plan now is for Ancelotti to return to Italy on Wednesday to discuss the end of his contract with Napoli and then he’ll return to Liverpool before being officially announced.

The hope is that he will be in charge by next week for the Boxing Day clash with Burnley at Goodison Park, with Gazzetta and Corriere both saying that will be the case.

Done. Fupping. Deal

:celebrate: :pint2::dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.