Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if you were given the choice between the pair...

Would it be Pellegrini, who you say has done it before with teams that have similar structures to Everton (your opinion)...

Or

Ancelotti ?

No beating around the bush. Which one ?

Well it depends on a number of factors, ironically the factors being discussed right now by Ancelotti and his team.

If he’s appointed and given a blank cheque and the club feel they can work within those parameters within the rules of the game, exiting 10-12 first team players and bringing in 10-12 1st team players over the next 2 windows - then Ancelotti every day of the week, of course.

My suggestion is, are we going to be able to do that? We don’t have the funds of a City or a PSG, it’s simply not possible for us to spend without consequence in that manner. We’ll spend, sure, but will it be of sufficient volume to push us into the bracket of teams that Ancelotti is an expert at delivering for?

So, I’m not too sure. If we get him on board and we spend freely, almost Footy Manager cheat mode style to attract some of Europe’s finest young talents, then amazing.

With a new stadium on the horizon, I’m not sure that will be the case. I think we’ll spend moderately, comparative to the rest of the teams around us, which isn’t going to be sufficient for Ancelotti to get the results he’s experienced at getting - which is why I would have preferred us going for a more long term appointment, someone with a vision we can buy into over the next 4-5 years. Something a Nagelsmann, Arteta, Tedesco or Howe would have been perfect for. Those sorts of managers would have been my preferred choice.

Ancelotti is a great manager and if we give him the right tools, then he represents less of a risk. If we don’t then he represents a bigger risk then someone like Pellegrini, who has delivered the results we need on a budget, multiple times.

Koeman didn’t lose the dressing room, the club lost Koeman.

We were doing fine , and then the hysterical booing and hissing started at the slightest hint of a drop in form and he looked like he was going to laugh his head off on the touchline.

That’s the worry with Ancelotti, he’s won the lot. If and when the hysteria starts when have a dip in form , how will he react? The worry is , him and his team will switch off the club totally. Exactly like Koeman did
Jesus, that’s laughable. We lost Koeman - it was our fault.

Ancelotti'a win ratio has been over 50% at every club he's managed in over the last 20 years. At Napoli, his win percentage was 52%

Silva:40%
Big Sam: 38.5%
Koemann: 41%
Martinez: 43%
Moyes: 42% (not sure what it was in his best season with us?)

Well it depends on a number of factors, ironically the factors being discussed right now by Ancelotti and his team.

If he’s appointed and given a blank cheque and the club feel they can work within those parameters within the rules of the game, exiting 10-12 first team players and bringing in 10-12 1st team players over the next 2 windows - then Ancelotti every day of the week, of course.

My suggestion is, are we going to be able to do that? We don’t have the funds of a City or a PSG, it’s simply not possible for us to spend without consequence in that manner. We’ll spend, sure, but will it be of sufficient volume to push us into the bracket of teams that Ancelotti is an expert at delivering for?

So, I’m not too sure. If we get him on board and we spend freely, almost Footy Manager cheat mode style to attract some of Europe’s finest young talents, then amazing.

With a new stadium on the horizon, I’m not sure that will be the case. I think we’ll spend moderately, comparative to the rest of the teams around us, which isn’t going to be sufficient for Ancelotti to get the results he’s experienced at getting - which is why I would have preferred us going for a more long term appointment, someone with a vision we can buy into over the next 4-5 years. Something a Nagelsmann, Arteta, Tedesco or Howe would have been perfect for. Those sorts of managers would have been my preferred choice.

Ancelotti is a great manager and if we give him the right tools, then he represents less of a risk. If we don’t then he represents a bigger risk then someone like Pellegrini, who has delivered the results we need on a budget, multiple times.
He isn't doing it at West Ham though, spent millions on bang average players and they are currently one of the worst sides in the Prem.

Pellegrini has won three trophies as a manager in Europe. Ancelotti has won 19. I know who I want.

Posted in the Usmanov thread

I'm not one for idol gossip, but through a work contact, who has a small link to the club, I was told this early this morning. I wouldn't shoot the messenger.

Usmanov met Ancelotti first, before anyone else regardless of media reports, he is trying to sell the vision of EFC, what Usmanov wants, where he wants to put us and when. He sold the vision to CA of the new ground and also promised major backing next summer. He wants CA to take EFC to a new level and build a base as to when he calls it a day we are in safe hands and on the up. Moshri only met CA after he had met Usmanov. CA will be joining.

Now, again, I don't do idol gossip, it may be true, it may not, but just hearing those statements just brings goosebumps to my body
You might not do gossip lad but your work contact clearly does. How does a Aldi shelf stacker get a seat in Usmanov's office that's what id love to know.

I absolutely agree with this, as there is no way we are getting Ancelotti on anything other than his own terms.

I'm not sure about a big budget though, yes I'm sure we will spend but that has to be seen in the context of the overall length of contract. My hunch is that he will want a greater degree of involvement in lining up targets, and that has to mean a dilution of Brands role in that aspect.

We need considerable work to get us into competitive shape, and that dictates the type of player you can sign, particularly in the early stages. I don't think players will rush to Goodison simply because Ancelotti is the manager, not if they have options to play in Europe elsewhere.

A lot of patience will be needed, but if appointed they have to trust to give him free rein to implement the changes he thinks are necessary. The good thing is I believe a lot can be done for us in the short-term outside of simply spending money with an experienced, competent, and accomplished manager that he clearly is.

The club have to go with the flow on this as the one thing we know for sure is that the methods of a succession of lesser managers clearly have be shown to fail.

It was a very telling statement by Alan Myers. I know he gets a bit of stick for his perceived ITK stuff, but in terms of understanding the general culture of football clubs, particularly Everton he has a better understanding than most. It was a very telling remark.

There will have to be a lot of conjecture and a lot of joining the dots if the appointment if finalised. I appreciate no everyone will come to the same conclusions as me, but I try to be as logical as possible. Why has Ancelotti met with Usmanov? Why might a meeting with Usmanov be critical in finalising the deal? These are worthwhile questions to consider.

My own view of this, is that he has met Usmanov because Usmanov is indirectly involved and is the plan who can make the guarantees that are required. I suspect he has made a level of guarantees that Ancelotti is happy with. A degree of guarantees that make him believe that we will be able to compete at the top end of the league, as he is used too, and override the fact we are 16th in the league currently. People can come to their own conclusions as to what that would mean.

I'm not sure why he appears to be more involved now (at least according to reports). It may be he always was it just got reported less. It may be he's frustrated at the lack of progress. It may be that he's now closer to coming on board with the stadium edging closer. Again difficult to say.

My own feeling is that we have almost gone back to plan A with Moshiri. Plan A was get a hollywood manager in, give him a lot of money to spend with the intention of competing at the top of the league. Koeman was the wrong fit. He was a big name for reasons outside of management. Ancelotti is very different to this.

I think they have flirted with the idea of replicating a Leipzig type club, but they do't have the patience and never really committed to it. Silva has been a disaster and I do think Brands is probably under the spotlight more than people may think.

There may well be an agreement with brands, that Ancelotti gets a lot of what he wants in terms of first team players, while Brands overhauls the rest of the club. Maybe brands is happy to be more in the background? It's one to watch though.

We will not have the clout (I do not think) to bully teams to get the top PL stars. However we probably could with Serie A. I wouldn't rule out a couple of big name Serie A stars on our radar now.

Pellegrini has won three trophies as a manager in Europe. Ancelotti has won 19. I know who I want.

News flash, When you’re managing sides like Villareal, Man City, Malaga and West Ham, you’ll generally win less than if you’re managing PSG, Milan, Bayern and Chelsea.

Koeman didn’t lose the dressing room, the club lost Koeman.

We were doing fine , and then the hysterical booing and hissing started at the slightest hint of a drop in form and he looked like he was going to laugh his head off on the touchline.

That’s the worry with Ancelotti, he’s won the lot. If and when the hysteria starts when have a dip in form , how will he react? The worry is , him and his team will switch off the club totally. Exactly like Koeman did

If Ancelotti ever puts out a team like:

Pickford

Kenny Williams Jagielka Martina

Schneiderlin Gueye Klaasen

Sandro Rooney Siggurdson

After getting the hump because he wasn’t allowed to buy Giroud Arnautovic and Kone from Sunderland for close to 100 million then he will deserve any boos that come his way.

Somehow I doubt he’ll be that stupid though.

Status
Not open for further replies.