Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I be the voice of doom?

I have huge reservations about this move.

Yes, a legendary manager with a great reputation.

But has he still got the fire? Or is it just another massive payday and if it doesn't work then hey, still collect the £40m?

I hate signing people on the way down, players or managers.

Who will he bring on his coaching staff? His son? Well, that doesn't strike me as someone who has kept up to date with the most promising young coaches in Europe.

Evertonians want passion, they want it to matter. Koeman style half-arsed stuff boils my blood.

I hope he turns up and works every second of every day for success and delivers it, but I wouldn't touch a deal like this with a barge pole.

First, he could get double what he's getting here in China. He could have also waited for a 'big' job and get much the same pay without much risk to his own reputation. The fact he's took on a project offer at a 'lesser' club indicates he wants to get his teeth into something.

He's not "on the way down" by any measure of that phrase. His last job was Napoli, one of the leading clubs in Serie A, and his CV in the last decade has been nothing short of stellar.

His coaching staff is not a concern. He'll bring in his son who he had at Bayern - good enough there, then it's good enough for me.

Evertonians don't want passion - they want a winner.

I have zero understanding of how anyone can be against this move. Even if he fails, which is obviously possible, we've still gone out and brought in Carlo freakin' Ancelotti to manage the club - one of the three greatest managers of the modern era. What would you want instead, Eddie Howe? Another Marco Silva random punt hoping they can do something? Why?

First, he could get double what he's getting here in China. He could have also waited for a 'big' job and get much the same pay without much risk to his own reputation. The fact he's took on a project offer at a 'lesser' club indicates he wants to get his teeth into something.

He's not "on the way down" by any measure of that phrase. His last job was Napoli, one of the leading clubs in Serie A, and his CV in the last decade has been nothing short of stellar.

His coaching staff is not a concern. He'll bring in his son who he had at Bayern - good enough there, then it's good enough for me.

Evertonians don't want passion - they want a winner.

I have zero understanding of how anyone can be against this move. Even if he fails, which is obviously possible, we've still gone out and brought in Carlo freakin' Ancelotti to manage the club - one of the three greatest managers of the modern era. What would you want instead, Eddie Howe? Another Marco Silva random punt hoping they can do something? Why?
Exactly what I have been banging on about the last few days mate :)

It wouldn’t make sense to announce it if he’s replacing the back room staff, as they still have a job to do tomorrow.

If they’re all staying in place then I guess they will...

I remember the 80s and probably the memories cloud my judgement. The media obviously don't harbour the same memories but there's still a lack of recognition for our achievements. They go on about Clough and Forest more than us.

I really don't get that, Arsene took over Arsenal and finished in the top 4 something like 20 times in a row, and it was only in the last couple of years of his reign that Arsenal finally overtook Everton in terms of "all time finishing in the top 4".

Before the Premier League Everton had won more league titles than Man United, and that's the problem. Actually I do get it, football began in 1992 it seems to these muppets.

Some Italian journalists have likened us to Torinno and Liverpool to Juventus. Although it's kind of ironic that they have. Since their entire squad got killed after winning the title 5x in a row back in the 40s.

The more I read and hear about this bloke, the more I realise this could be the perfect fit.

We aint getting CL next year, that aint the aim, (nice if we did mind), its a serious football bloke on a 4 1/2 year deal to deliver sustainable success within that time frame.

If he is in the stand tomorrow, and if Dunc weaves his spell and Arsenal get booted all over the shop, he will be gagging to get onto FF on Monday.

Or I am talking tripe.

I want to see Usmanov's mega yacht powering up the Mersey with a naked ancelotti windmilling his fairy light decorated length like a madman while Bill, Farhad and uncle Alisher dance to Russian techno behind him.

With a massive and I mean massive Everton flag flying off the stern - COYB

Hands up, I had thought David Moyes should be the next manager BUT that was before Carlo (blinking) Ancelotti was the alternative - Benvenuto a Goodison

Google is an extension of the USA deep state and none if it can be trusted. Besides which, this is a chat forum and I thought I would engage with it.
When I looked up Mr Grumpy it turns out you are a fictitious character in childrens books created by Frank Hargreaves, so you can’t support Everton znd you don’t exist.so much for Google.
Haha

people have asked about 25 times, why was he sacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.