Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read every one of the 500 odd pages of this thread and continue to be perplexed at some of the posters who don't want Carlo or who think he will fail here.

Of course there is no guarantee that he will be successful at Goodison but his track record , presence in the game and experience in this country surely mean that he has a better chance than just about any other manager you could think of.

For me , you cannot fail to be excited about what is to come.

If Carlo , with a decent budget , cannot move us forward and take us where we want to be I really don't know where we go.

It won't happen overnight and there will be bumps in the road but it is crucial that we get behind him and the team and show him what a unified Everton really means.

I love that we are going for Ancelotti, and I love that we are raising the bar, and I love the feeling of all the 'mainstream media' saying that it's a surprise and is going to be a mistake...can't wait
but just one thing - does anyone think we can retain this passion and craziness that Dunc has instilled?

I love that we are going for Ancelotti, and I love that we are raising the bar, and I love the feeling of all the 'mainstream media' saying that it's a surprise and is going to be a mistake...can't wait
but just one thing - does anyone think we can retain this passion and craziness that Dunc has instilled?
dunc will be out there as well, i thought? part of the coaching staff?

Haha, just wait and see mate.

Had some contractual things to tie up with Napoli - thus the club announcement on Twitter last week. We don't want another Watford episode.
I assume they don't want to take the match away from Duncan. He may even be presented on the pitch on Saturday, but all the media stuff is due to come out on Sunday.
Thanks Dan; you're the Man.

Hoping he might be able to manage it and temper it a bit. It's great to see the passion dunc has instilled but I'd imagine it's very tough to maintain that on a consistent basis.

I have read every one of the 500 odd pages of this thread and continue to be perplexed at some of the posters who don't want Carlo or who think he will fail here.

Of course there is no guarantee that he will be successful at Goodison but his track record , presence in the game and experience in this country surely mean that he has a better chance than just about any other manager you could think of.

If Carlo , with a decent budget , cannot move us forward and take us where we want to be I really don't know where we go.

It won't happen overnight and there will be bumps in the road but it is crucial that we get behind him and the team and show him what a unified Everton really means.
All the RS in the media are saying the same thing. All the posters on here saying the same are probably RS as well.

I think the only, fair question is how will he do managing a team that is not in the 3 or 4 most talented in its league having not done that in 20 years. I mean the last time he did was when Buffon was his keeper at Parma. It's been a long time.

Pragmatic , winning football and according to Chelsea fans the most attractive football they have witnessed.

All of his teams have been great to watch. He suffered at Bayern coming after Guardiola and at Napoli after Sarri, two managers so unbelievably methodical that when Ancelotti relaxed the reigns the slightest bit the results weren’t quite as amazing. At Madrid PSG and Milan though he allowed top players to play their best football. If he can get us playing some actual togger and not just the rubbish turgid 4231 boot it long and pretend to press impotent nonsense that Koeman and Silva pushed on us then that would be a massive step forward.

To those who doubt this appointment is right. We have had Wigan's, Watford and Southampton's former managers manage our club and then also throw in fat sam. Wow wee ..Think about that. Now we have a chance of a former real madrid ,ac Milan , PSG, chelsea and Munich manager. And some still doubt whether he is the correct choice. *looks up to the sky and wonders about the human race

Status
Not open for further replies.