Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you want there to be either a bad severance between CA and his former club, and for him not to receive his deserved pay and subsequent court cases because of said severance, or do you want to wait a couple of days more until everything is sorted out and spend that same money on new players eventually? Some children on here it seems.

Can wait a couple of days, but everything just goes so bloody smooth for all the big dogs.

If you have any doubts on whether Carlo Ancelotti is the right appointment for this club, I encourage you to read his book - Quiet Leadership (written just before his Bayern stint). He is everything Everton could want in a manager right now. I'll post some insights from the book -

* He's genuinely well liked by most of the players because he tries to build a personal relationship with all his players.
* His football style is to be in tune with the club's culture, president and fans expectations.
* He prefers 4-4-2.
* He speaks a number of languages including, Italian, English, Spanish (French?, German?)
* Sometimes he's viewed as 'soft' by owners, who expects him to be harsher on players, but he prefers to protect his players.
* He prefers a family style club (Parma, AC Milan) rather than the big business type clubs like (Juventus, Real Madrid).
* He was excited about PSG, because he was going to be looking at building things long term, but a few bad results in the second year, and then the president of PSG gave him an ultimatum of 'win or be sacked' before a game and that hurt the relationship.
* He ended up very successful at all his clubs, but was sacked pretty quickly in many of them except for AC Milan. Part of this is because imo, the owners wanted him to be stricter.
* He's managed literally more big names than anyone in football right now - Rivaldo, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Pirlo, Bale, Modric

I can't believe anyone would say Everton is not the right job for Carlo Ancelotti, he would do just fine managing ANY team. I think he genuinely wants the Everton job, because he knows Everton gives their managers plenty of time if its the right thing to do, and nowhere in his book does he ever write about chasing championships, or only managing top clubs, or personal glory. He genuinely enjoys managing footballers, and I'm sure he looks at the Everton squad and likes the character of our team, our values and our culture and sees he can work with it. Pundits saying he needs talent or he can't be successful are dead wrong if they actually read his book, they might find that he gets the best out of players because that's what he's good at. That's what Everton need right now. He's going to pass on all that he's learnt at the top clubs and ingrain it into the club. With the current squad he's not going to win the prem this year or the next, but he's going to get Everton winning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.