Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Usmanov has stepped in or Moshiri has had enough of the small time mentality, that has riven this club like a cancer for so long. I don't know but reports emanating from Italy, that Ancelotti met Usmanov first, suggest that maybe that is the case and it's encouraging. Finally maybe a schism is emerging.

We all know who was fronting for Moyes and frankly you can't get more small time than that and of course aided by the narrative of his ex-red cheerleaders in the media. Whose names should be noted by the way.

It suited so many agendas for so long. Collectively they have convinced even some of our own supporters that we are a small club and the subsequent restoration will be expensive.

Thankfully it's reversible. Restoring Everton, once again to be amongst the giants of the game will not be an easy feat. But the imminent appointment of Ancelloti is a massive step in the right direction.

And quite frankly anybody who is against that is part of the rot that has invested this club for too long.

Well there's the Joyce bomb. Consider this done now with just the formalities left to go. Only way we don't get our man is if Everton happens.

As a club we've needed to be galvanized, in a positive way, not anti- or pro camps, whether it be Moyes, Kenwright, Martinez et al. I think we may have finally secured an appointment that the vast majority of supporters can get behind. And that's the crux, I don't think we've had that since Royle.

We've been divided for so long. And maybe that's what Ferguson's brief tenure has illustrated. That our passionate, vociferous supporter base is a force to be reckoned with and can overcome the liabilities in our team. However it can only take you so far.

You need guile, tactical acumen, man management, charisma and a unfailing desire to be the best. Ancelotti has that in shed loads. He isn't a "so called world class manager". He is period. There is no argument, it's a fact. His record demonstrates that.

Everton don't have to fit to Ancelotti. Everton have to reawaken who we were. Then it's an obvious match. That's the pertinent point. Irrespective of who is to blame for the past, we just can't continue stagnating, rotting. And to my eyes, it looks like we've had an intervention.

Praise the lord and pass the ammo, we're back in business.

tenor.gif

Personally I think this is just what we need, have needed but thought we got in the Koeman summer... Which felt like exciting times until Walsh's recruitment went tits up!

But, if true, anyone else think the alleged £2.5m bonus should've been to fire us into the top 7 this year as opposed to avoiding relegation, which Dunc would've done with ease... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.