Carlo Ancelotti Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
glad to see him here, almost hoping he struggles at first. Last three proper managers have had a fast start and car crash of a second campaign. hoping for longer term improvement.

I don't want him to struggle mate, I want Everton to plough every single opponent from here on in!

We've struggled enough as fans, let's get the ball rolling starting with Burnley.

Its crazy isn't it, the only person who has took a risk is Ancelotti himself. He's risking his reputation, already got people calling him a money grabber. I hope we are paying him millions because compared to the crap we've paid previously this fella will be worth every last penny.
If he was just a money grabber he'd be in China already.
(He's a multi, multi millionaire anyway)

Hats off to Big Uzzy & The Mosh here.

Just hope the board stay true to their world and back him properly.

We don't even know what they've promised Jim, time will tell. I'd back him though to get a tune out of half of this squad compared to previous managers. It's Carlo fkin Ancelotti, that's gonna lift EVERY player, EVERY member of staff, it elevates EVERYTHING with our club mate.

Can you imagine rocking up Monday morning and you've got 3 times European Cup winner Ancelotti as your manager. If I'm a player, member of staff, I'm gonna be looking round and thinking "this is a game changer" this is where I wanna be and gonna do all I can to be a part of this.

Philly K of the Echo has killed it.

And there were never going to be any shameless Big Sam-style attempts at glory hunting here from Ancelotti
Unfortunately caught him on Talksport during the week, he was listing the club's he'd saved from relegation- yes he did add us to that list. We were 13th weren't we after the West Ham game? Self promoting Shoite hawk.

What we have here is a highly repected manager. Respected by just about everyone in football, (except for bitter kopites).

When was the last time we had that?

Now we have a manager whose opinion will actually carry some weight in the boardroom.
They are paying him a king's ransom, so they had better listen to his demands for our team.

We don't even know what they've promised Jim, time will tell. I'd back him though to get a tune out of half of this squad compared to previous managers. It's Carlo fkin Ancelotti, that's gonna lift EVERY player, EVERY member of staff, it elevates EVERYTHING with our club mate.

Can you imagine rocking up Monday morning and you've got 3 times European Cup winner Ancelotti as your manager. If I'm a player, member of staff, I'm gonna be looking round and thinking "this is a game changer" this is where I wanna be and gonna do all I can to be a part of this.

They need to back him mate. He won’t have come here on the basis of a couple of million to spend on one or two players.

He will have wanted reassurances on big money being available to bring in the top level players we are going to need to get us up amongst the top. As you say he’s a TOP manager, he’s not a Silva or Martinez who were happy to accept what they were given and were happy to be amongst the best of the rest. This is a manager who is used to being at the best clubs in Europe and competing amongst the best teams in Europe. He’s not gonna accept minimum funds and having to work with average players to get us to the top.

Moshiri has his man now he needs to stick to his word and completely back him if he truly wants us to be competing with the best.

Its crazy isn't it, the only person who has took a risk is Ancelotti himself. He's risking his reputation, already got people calling him a money grabber. I hope we are paying him millions because compared to the crap we've paid previously this fella will be worth every last penny.

I find this a bit weird. Surely he must have been on a similar wage at the likes of Chelsea/ PSG/ Real?

Imagine one of the world's best managers being appointed, sitting in the stands and you put in a performance like that. With the exception of Sidibe, Mina, Holgate, I'd be embarrassed to turn up for training on Monday.

I'm genuinely fascinated to see if he can get anything out of cowards and mercenaries we've got in our squad.

To me this is why he has come, he dosent need another major honour, he needs a challenge.

Everton is something different to what he has done before, if he can take us to glory that will be a much bigger achievement then winning something at a club that already wins all the time.

Paul Merson: “This fella has won trophies what’s he gona win there? I don’t get it must be big wages”

I thought the exact same of every player Arsenal sign Paul.

Tra hun.

I keep expecting to wake up and find we still haven't played Chelsea at home and that Marco Silva (remember him?) is our manager.

Ancelotti is a dream appointment. Couldn't be happier. And as others have said on here, we have to be patient and give him the time he'll need to turn us around.Today certainly showed the level of dross he'll have to work with in the short term. Perfect Xmas pressie though. Well done to the board and welcome to the capo

Status
Not open for further replies.