Can we win our group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw both matches when a Hungarian team played against Krasnodar at the 2nd round of the qualifiers. They are very good, sharp, have a lot of quick and technically skilled players, a lot of Brasilians. Don't count on an easy game even at home but surely they can be beaten.

True, but Wolfsberg and Lille also have to make the trip

There is absolutely no reason why we can't win the group and I've no doubt that Bobby will be telling them that they SHOULD be winning it as well

Indeed, but they're better tested on the European stage and we have a lot of newbies to continental football.

I think we'll qualify, good chance at winning the group, but I'd settle for qualifying and not "Bucharesting" the crap out of the whole thing, because once we get out that group I'd have us as one of the top five sides who could win it. I'd fancy us against pretty much anyone over two legs.

Indeed, but they're better tested on the European stage and we have a lot of newbies to continental football.

I think we'll qualify, good chance at winning the group, but I'd settle for qualifying and not "Bucharesting" the crap out of the whole thing, because once we get out that group I'd have us as one of the top five sides who could win it. I'd fancy us against pretty much anyone over two legs.

Do we?

Coleman and McCarthy only, surely?

Wolfsburg aren't the best defensively but are great going forward. Lille aren't the best going forward but are great defensively. I think we have an all round balance and I doubt these clubs are as strong in numbers as us. It'll be tough but you'd hope we'd win all our home games and win one away, 12 points would see us through quite comfortably you'd imagine. Just hope we can live up to our potential in this competition. One lad I'm wary of is Max Arnold of Wolfsburg. Him and De Bruyne will cause us issues, but I think it's us and one of Lille and Wolfsburg to go through.

You had to bring that up didn't you

FFS

Do we?

Coleman and McCarthy only, surely?

Hmmm... You know, you're right! That was a quick assumption, but looking through, yeah you're right. That said, a lot of 'em haven't been in for a while, but thinking about it, it hardly matters as they've been playing at a higher level than they were when in continental competition (Mirallas with Olympiakos, for example).

Fair point.

We can definitely win our 3 home games.
If we do that we have 9 points, and everyone else can only get 15.
If we draw with someone away we go to 10 points and they can only get 13 points.
Two of them draw and they can only get 11 points
etc.

It's easily doable...

Last years points totals (Group: 1st place / 2nd Place)
A: 13 / 8
B: 16 / 10
C: 18 / 12
D: 14 / 7
E: 16 / 12
F: 15 / 11
G: 14 / 10
H: 12 / 9
I: 12 / 9
J: 14 / 12
K: 18 / 8
L: 12 / 12

In a way it's good to have a strong group cos then there isn't one team giving everyone 6 points - as long as you're not the team they beat.

We can definitely win our 3 home games.
If we do that we have 9 points, and everyone else can only get 15.
If we draw with someone away we go to 10 points and they can only get 13 points.
Two of them draw and they can only get 11 points
etc.

It's easily doable...

Last years points totals (Group: 1st place / 2nd Place)
A: 13 / 8
B: 16 / 10
C: 18 / 12
D: 14 / 7
E: 16 / 12
F: 15 / 11
G: 14 / 10
H: 12 / 9
I: 12 / 9
J: 14 / 12
K: 18 / 8
L: 12 / 12

In a way it's good to have a strong group cos then there isn't one team giving everyone 6 points - as long as you're not the team they beat.

Check out Johnny Ball here.

My projection of Everton turnover this year reaching £130,000,000 demands maximum prize money from EL, also 7 Goodison fixtures, and extra TV money. It is vital we win our Group...and then go on to win the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.