2017/18 Callum Connolly

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thoughts also but I googled it and it said season long loan.
Indeed, a season long loan , so a rather odd one , obviously some rule we don't know about ...... or final is after loan period ends.
His first task though is to get into Mick McCarthy's Ipswich team and stay there. He's still one of my favourite young players , he's got the versatility so this season should prove if he's got the physicality needed for our PL squad.

Reactions: gmb

Maybe it's a case of if we're screwed in Jan at full-back we can bring him back and he's eligible for the EL if we're still in it. Makes sense, we had spaces to fill.
Except you name a new squad for the knockout stage. Or at least you're allowed to make changes (think its 4). Maybe we're planning on buying a load of new players in Jan.

How long is Connolly's loan?

Indeed, a season long loan , so a rather odd one , obviously some rule we don't know about ...... or final is after loan period ends.
Didn't some of the loaned players come back and play for the Checkatrade or PL2 at some point last season or was I dreaming? Maybe there is something re European football which would allow the club where the loan player is at to release them for that game?

Didn't some of the loaned players come back and play for the Checkatrade or PL2 at some point last season or was I dreaming? Maybe there is something re European football which would allow the club where the loan player is at to release them for that game?
Yes you're right, can't remember Checkatrade but Brendan Galloway came back from WBA and played at least one U23s game with their permission. I saw on Youth Hawk that his loan was quoted as until January, but Walsh was down as a season long so they may not be right.

Maybe for the Checkatrade as the U23's aren't a senior side but I very much doubt a player could be dual registered for two different senior sides.

No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "associationtrained players" listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being "locally trained", as well as whether they are "clubtrained" or "association-trained". The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex H.

Probably something to do with that rule or most likely that we didnt have anybody else to add, so no reason to remove him, if we got through to the final and his loan was up and we had injuries!!!

No club may have more than 25 players on List A during the season, two of whom must be goalkeepers. As a minimum, eight places are reserved exclusively for "locally trained players" and no club may have more than four "associationtrained players" listed on these eight places on List A. List A must specify the players who qualify as being "locally trained", as well as whether they are "clubtrained" or "association-trained". The possible combinations that enable clubs to comply with the List A requirements are set out in Annex H.

Probably something to do with that rule or most likely that we didnt have anybody else to add, so no reason to remove him, if we got through to the final and his loan was up and we had injuries!!!

We are down to the bare bones in terms of strikers. Tellin' me that they couldn't have just thrown a youth striker in instead of a loaned out player?

Status
Not open for further replies.