Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams have clearly worked out that Hameze doesnt do any type of sprinting or defending which leaves us hugely vulnerable to attacks on our right, its made even worse by not having Coleman and having midfielders playing in the wrong positions. Why not move Hameze in the middle and have Doucs and the mighty Allan doing his defending for him? Then we get the most out of his passing game and dont have to worry about his inability to defend.

Pickers
Kenny - Keane - Holgate - Delph
Doucs - Allan
Iwobi - Hemeze - Richy
DCL

There is still a small amount of table position pressure on our lionhearts so I fear another loss is certain. I will be much more confident in our lionhearts once the lads are comfortably sat around 10th or 11th and all hopes of Europe are dead and buried. Then, with nothing to play for, and hence zero pressure, I expect our lionhearts to get a few wins. But they will lose this one 1-0

NSNO

Teams have clearly worked out that Hameze doesnt do any type of sprinting or defending which leaves us hugely vulnerable to attacks on our right, its made even worse by not having Coleman and having midfielders playing in the wrong positions. Why not move Hameze in the middle and have Doucs and the mighty Allan doing his defending for him? Then we get the most out of his passing game and dont have to worry about his inability to defend.

Pickers
Doucs - Allan
Iwobi - Hemeze - Richy
DCL
This is what I'd pick except I'd use Nkounkou. Play players in their positions. Trust your squad.

Pickers
Doucs - Allan
Iwobi - Hemeze - Richy
DCL

Niels instead of delph.

This is it and what will define our season. James, Calvert Lewin and Richarlinson will be hard to stop. 16 goals in 7 games now when those 3 start together. On Saturday we should have had 2 or 3 at least (one very tight offside call, one which I am surprised was ruled out). The flip of it is though, they could easily have scored 4 or 5. Fulham should have got 3 the week before. It's alarming.
The key is getting the balance right, we’ve been largely good on the attacking front but not defensively but I would stick with Holgate and Godfrey we need to give time to these players to gel and develop. We are to quick to dismiss some young players after one bad game. Kenny deserves more slack too. He’s not had much involvement but I think would improve with matches under his belt.

Off topic but Fulham winning at Leicester. There are no easy games in this league and all the teams on their day can cause the opposition problems. We where saying how poor they are when the reality is they aren’t that bad. There are no givens in this league and we have to earn the right to win. We are much better than last season but we have some way to go.

The key is getting the balance right, we’ve been largely good on the attacking front but not defensively but I would stick with Holgate and Godfrey we need to give time to these players to gel and develop. We are to quick to dismiss some young players after one bad game. Kenny deserves more slack too. He’s not had much involvement but I think would improve with matches under his belt.
Gurnalot Kenny is not much chop though, is he? We are going to stay 'good ol' 9th placed Everton' forever with the likes of him in the side.

NB: it used to be 'good ol' 7th placed', but Leicester and Wolves are now better than us

I agree but Nuno has been at wolves for 5 seasons and Leicester have spent better under Rodgers and Puel and arguably had a better squad from the off considering they won the league only 4 seasons ago. Carlo has a big job and we under no illusions of that. I do think that we call young players out as not been good enough too early. I have probably been guilty of it aswell. 2 casing points one Holgate, I questioned whether he was good enough after a 3-1 defeat to West Ham under silva. Calvert Lewin has frustrated me too but he is now proving me wrong. Lookman is flourishing at Fulham after some quiet displays early season. We have to be a little more patient. But we can disagree that’s what the forum is about. Debate.

I agree but Nuno has been at wolves for 5 seasons and Leicester have spent better under Rodgers and Puel and arguably had a better squad from the off considering they won the league only 4 seasons ago. Carlo has a big job and we under no illusions of that. I do think that we call young players out as not been good enough too early. I have probably been guilty of it aswell. 2 casing points one Holgate, I questioned whether he was good enough after a 3-1 defeat to West Ham under silva. Calvert Lewin has frustrated me too but he is now proving me wrong. Lookman is flourishing at Fulham after some quiet displays early season. We have to be a little more patient. But we can disagree that’s what the forum is about. Debate.
the forum is a mass debate!

Olsen
Holgate Mina Keane Nkounkou
Iwobi Davies Allan Richarlison
James DCL

be solid and we can win this.

Status
Not open for further replies.