Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least we showed one resilience, in coming back and not crumbling like we did against Southampton and Newcastle. It's started to become all to repetitive, defence, defence and if a keeper keeps getting beat with shots from outside the area, he should be dropped until he improves in that area.
Maybe our defenders could try closing players down better. And, I don't know, maybe something revolutionary like shepperding players onto their weaker foot.

I am still trying to recover from nausea reading today's BBC website coverage of the RS game against Wolves. Utterly mind boggling sicky sshooite. It can't just be Evertonians who are sickened by the BBC worship of Herr Klipp and his acolytes.

I’m realistic. Because teams at the top, by definition, win most games, it’s far harder to make up points on them, because, well, they don’t drop points.

It may be nice to look at it and say “5 off top” (more likely to be 7 by the time the weekend’s done), but that requires 8 teams (11 if you include the games in hand, which you should do, so more than half the league) to all lose (some more than twice) whilst we go on a winning streak and drop 0 points. And remember, these are the teams that don’t drop points.

We’re 9th, soon to be 11th once games are caught up, and we’ve got several games coming up which will almost certainly yield another hefty winnless streak. 15th place beckons...

To pass off the place we’re in now as good is naive at best, delusional at worst.
Merry Christmas mate!

After a day of reflection I don't think it was that bad. We are working through a full back injury crisis and Burnley were coming off the rebound from a Man City mauling. If Richy had been a tad less greedy in the first half we might have had a couple and Siggurdson's miss was almost unbelievable for a player that has scored many precision goals and from the halfway line in previous years. Pickford made a couple of good saves but gets beat from 25 yards again! Gomes looked like he is getting back to fitness. Godfrey did very well considering how new he is and that he was played totally out of position.
Nkounkou on that pitch free's up James crossfield balls and pushes Richy inside to make that a 1-3 win. Can't understand why, Carlo?

If you've not made your mind up and voted, you have till 2.28pm UK time Thursday as that's when the poll closes ;)

I am still trying to recover from nausea reading today's BBC website coverage of the RS game against Wolves. Utterly mind boggling sicky sshooite. It can't just be Evertonians who are sickened by the BBC worship of Herr Klipp and his acolytes.
It's not mate.

Trouble is Klipperty is easy media pap for the masses.
Most footy fans, of whatever ilk, loath the bottomlicking stuff we're presented with.

The poll speaks volumes...

Arguably our best players are the lowest votes on the poll...

Allan 3
Richarlison 4
Doucoure 7
James 13
Mina 14
Gomes 18

They all need to do better...

Status
Not open for further replies.