Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have won today. These are now big points dropped each week that will shape our season. By rights we should be 5 points better off after the last 2 but here we are.

My main concern right now is that we are wasting potential top class players on an average season again. We have a top striker , top playmaker , fantastic winger , a great midfielder and a brilliant left back. Half a team that would play for most others , certainly at the top of the league.

We have to stop the rot and start winning. Especially coming into Christmas. More form and we could well be in the top 4 mix given how the season is going.

Always Everton. As soon as we have a chance to get somewhere , we throw it away.

if we play like we did at the start we have a shot at holding the team together and adding strength

if we wilt into mid table again Richy and Digne are gone

I see Dyche moaning about our goal being a foul
Don’t make me laugh. Just a long line of constant diving by Burnley players
Noticed last season they are always at it
Shocking club, manager and team. Hope they go down
Same as Leeds last week. Dogs of war when they are defending with constant pulling, blocking and niggling and any time they feel a touch when the ball comes forward they collapse like wee fairies.

If Siggy had chosen to shoot at the empty half of the net instead of straight at the keeper, we would be in 4th place. We are struggling for points at the moment, but it's really not as bad as some of you are making out.
Totally agree but the league is going to be the most competitive ever this year and a lose will see us not far off relegation.

All the early season optimism is well and truly gone here and it’s back to normality. 13 points after 5 games backed up with 4 points from the next 6. Simply not good enough. We should be top of the table at this point! Questions need to be asked!

Is it me or was that a typical Pickford goal we conceded?,yeah poor from Allan but I still believe a bigger fella in goal has a chance of saving it, great block to keep us in it a 1-0 but my heart is racing every time we concede a corner or free kick,every team is onto us,still baffled by the decision not to even have Nkounkou on the bench knowing Delphs injury record,need to tough it through to January and hopefully defensive additions,Godfrey had a good game,Iwobi at least ran at them although his final ball often was lacking,Richarlison worked, Dominic scored and Rodriguez illuminated briefly,not all bad,but however brightly we shine attacking wise if we cannot defend properly we are going nowhere.

Just woke up and am made up we got a point. I was certain we were losing this game. Sadly, our lionhearts rising to the occasion at Turf Moor, augurs badly for our fortunes next game. Stringing together consecutively strong performances is waaaaay beyond our brave lionhearts’ ability. Offsetting that is the fact that we are now settling into a table position of irrelevance, so pressure to perform is no longer a factor. Hopefully then, we might get a couple of draws against the likes of Sheffield and in our return games with Burnley and Fulham and WBA. Looking forward to those head to heads.

NSNO

Status
Not open for further replies.