Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a short clip of the game where Eto’o scored against Burnley in a 3-1 win. Blimey that team was miles better than the current crop. Going backwards ?

Walked the city 64 years . Born Mill Road Hospital. Landscaped Alan Balls house in Southport. Watched LIVE! Kendall, Ball and Harvey. Feel sorry that you have NEVER seen the REAL Everton.

I dunno, Green.

I am of the same vintage as your good self and saw live that Holy Trinity of blessed memory as well.

I had the great good fortune to be in my prime when Kendall’s team was on the rampage in the mid 1980s.

But I fear those eras were an abberation.

The rest of our time watching EFC has been mostly average and quite often just plain rubbish

And it occurs to me that today’s Everton is more the “real Everton” than Harry or Howard’s teams were :(

Any opposition manager can watch any of our games from the last 18 months and know exactly what we’re going to try and do, it’s a bit pathetic really - good managers improve players, I really can’t think of anyone who has improved this season.

As for MOTM, pfft seriously nobody at all.

Either that or just wait until they get a corner, throw in or freekick anywhere within 20/25 yards of our goal.

Just seen the goal on MOTD ...

lol lol

It's like Bournemouth all over again with King coming into to the back post unmarked.

When your own away fans are singing 'Sacked in the Morning' its time to clear your desk.
Weve done the Taxi shouts.
We've gone well past the 'get Moyes back in' shouts.
The question is now Who?
The answer is 'anybody but Silva'
Over to you Mosh.

I'm holding on to the fact that he did turn it round last season, and in some style, scoring goals and keeping things tight at the back.
Can't believe knowing we were letting Gana Gueye go that we went and sold the closest player we had to his style of play -- James McCarthy. Doing very well at Palace, who are 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.