Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes. Digne gave a clap. Richarlison headed straight down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went.

I had the displeasure of watching it in the Burnley end. DCL is actually far worse in the flesh. Awful player
Says it all really doesn’t it

But greatly helped by the most favourable set of opening fixtures in this particular veteran Evertonian can ever remember, Toff.

There is no actual excuse for the meagre points tally from these eight games, even if we discount City as an “expected loss”.

None whatsoever.

Not making any excuses.

He should have adapted to a different way of playing. He hasn't.

What needs to be done...and I'm pretty sure Silva and Brands know this. What is wrong,partially, is that the so called 'project' is becoming a monkey on their back. Instead of or as well as taking on a young striker 'for the future' as part of the project, we needed a striker for the here and now with a chance of scoring in the Prem,dare I say it a Haller or a Wesley,both were available in the summer. So, Kean needs to start every game, or the next six at least,he needs to be thrown in at he deep end to effect things NOW, bugger the project for the moment. Next, find a way to get Bernard good game time, he will always give everything, can cause defences problems, and can get the crowd going. At the expense of Iwobi ….let Iwobi find some form, or earn a spot with some sub appearances. Next, use the break to sort out the defence re dead ball situations. The whole of the Prem know this is a major weakness and this must change,or it will be the coffin nail that sees Silva off,which would be a shame, because despite the current troubles, I think he 'gets' Everton. Brands let Silva down in the summer, re a centre back and in midfield....I think the last minute effort to sign Doucoure was an acknowledgement that Gomes has a weakness both physically and mentally. I think we should go for Doucoure or similar again in January, and more obviously, Zouma, who was popular with the GP crowd, and will put pressure on the current centre backs. Finally..Siggy is badly out of form and its effecting his attitude. Silva needs to make a decision about him. Bernard could be given a go a10,and would inject some flair and pace in that area . We have got a lot of decent players, and a few very good players, but they need an injection of confidence and also a little bit of luck in front of goal and the season could still be interesting. Over to you Mr Silva, and in January ,Mr Brands, correct your mistakes of the summer.
"a little bit of luck in front of goal" Not ONE decent striker
at this club. Theres better strikers in the Championship than ANY of ours!!!!

I didn't think i see a worse side than us this weekend, but just watching Utd I was wrong. Make us look like Barcelona. Result looks like putting us in the bottom 3.

It was an utterly disgraceful performance, yet I didn't see any apology from the manager or club captain for this 'run' of form. Shameless the lot of them.

yes. Digne gave a clap. Richarlison headed straight down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went.

I had the displeasure of watching it in the Burnley end. DCL is actually far worse in the flesh. Awful player

Richarlison s attitude this season has been awful on and off the pitch. I get sick of his sulking

We're in the bottom 3 courtesy of our own inability to raise our game home or away no matter what the opposition. City get beat by Norwich and again today by wolves, both of whom were struggling. We did up our performance against city and still lost 1-3.
Imagine where we'd be if we had of got europa league footy to play too..

Dred to think

Status
Not open for further replies.