Match Thread Burnley v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll...

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously ?. The way how we play no one striker could score goals , only if you think when they get the ball on 35 meters from goal that they can score from there ? We waste with this manager good player and they get blame for been scoreless when I don’t remember when we set up the piece for any striker within the box, like today in 96 minutes, how many times DC got the ball within 16 m ?..
I can think of a couple of times where he made good runs and no one passed to him. I was wondering if it was a lack of faith or a lack of vision. Concerning either way

I'm holding on to the fact that he did turn it round last season, and in some style, scoring goals and keeping things tight at the back.
Can't believe knowing we were letting Gana Gueye go that we went and sold the closest player we had to his style of play -- James McCarthy. Doing very well at Palace, who are 4th.

Koeman turned it round in the latter half of his first season after a three month slump as well.

Silva’s revival last season, when the pressure was off, is looking as much a dead cat bounce at the moment as Koeman’s revival was.

Koeman turned it round in the latter half of his first season after a three month slump as well.

Silva’s revival last season, when the pressure was off, is looking as much a dead cat bounce at the moment as Koeman’s revival was.

Not helped by the fact the two players who were crucial to that run are now no longer here.

I'm holding on to the fact that he did turn it round last season, and in some style, scoring goals and keeping things tight at the back.
Can't believe knowing we were letting Gana Gueye go that we went and sold the closest player we had to his style of play -- James McCarthy. Doing very well at Palace, who are 4th.
I assume you watched today and he was decent, but McCarthy has played 128 minutes this season and 80 of them were today. He's a squad player for them, behind Milivojevic, and he will be back on the bench next week most likely. Selling him is not one of our issues.

Not helped by the fact the two players who were crucial to that run are now no longer here.

But greatly helped by the most favourable set of opening fixtures in this particular veteran Evertonian can ever remember, Toff.

There is no actual excuse for the meagre points tally from these eight games, even if we discount City as an “expected loss”.

None whatsoever.

But greatly helped by the most favourable set of opening fixtures in this particular veteran Evertonian can ever remember, Toff.

There is no actual excuse for the meagre points tally from these eight games, even if we discount City as an “expected loss”.

None whatsoever.

Couldn't of put it better myself mate...

It baffles me why he isn't trying everything to get a result. Different players, formations. I wonder if Silva has totally lost confidence in himself.
I sort of think it's cause we still hVs quite good possession and show glimpses so he thinks he's got the formula and he just needs it to click into place. Rather than realising it's the wrong formula and that's why it won't click.

Eg If we weren't so terrible at set pieces we'd still be playing badly but grinding out a few wins maybe.

Everyone can see we need a change of tactics and he manages to always time his subs five to ten mins too late

I couldn’t be bothered to try and find s stream for the game, so listened to talkSPORT 2. Perry groves was go commentator. To be fair he said we’d been the better team up to the sending off, but also said we lack in game management and make poor decisions.

He was criticising Coleman, saying he’s constantly taking to many touches instead of play a first time pass or cross.

And after the sending he was furious with Digne & Delph after we had played a couple of short corners, when Keane & Mina had gone up.
That’s interesting. The stream I watched was questioning why we weren’t taking more short corners

What needs to be done...and I'm pretty sure Silva and Brands know this. What is wrong,partially, is that the so called 'project' is becoming a monkey on their back. Instead of or as well as taking on a young striker 'for the future' as part of the project, we needed a striker for the here and now with a chance of scoring in the Prem,dare I say it a Haller or a Wesley,both were available in the summer. So, Kean needs to start every game, or the next six at least,he needs to be thrown in at he deep end to effect things NOW, bugger the project for the moment. Next, find a way to get Bernard good game time, he will always give everything, can cause defences problems, and can get the crowd going. At the expense of Iwobi ….let Iwobi find some form, or earn a spot with some sub appearances. Next, use the break to sort out the defence re dead ball situations. The whole of the Prem know this is a major weakness and this must change,or it will be the coffin nail that sees Silva off,which would be a shame, because despite the current troubles, I think he 'gets' Everton. Brands let Silva down in the summer, re a centre back and in midfield....I think the last minute effort to sign Doucoure was an acknowledgement that Gomes has a weakness both physically and mentally. I think we should go for Doucoure or similar again in January, and more obviously, Zouma, who was popular with the GP crowd, and will put pressure on the current centre backs. Finally..Siggy is badly out of form and its effecting his attitude. Silva needs to make a decision about him. Bernard could be given a go a10,and would inject some flair and pace in that area . We have got a lot of decent players, and a few very good players, but they need an injection of confidence and also a little bit of luck in front of goal and the season could still be interesting. Over to you Mr Silva, and in January ,Mr Brands, correct your mistakes of the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.