Bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've finally resigned myself to the fact that we will get relegated this year, and part of me is relieved. I think it may actually be a good thing. Get rid of all the dead wood. Break the tension that has hung over our collective heads for the last 30 years, and start again, build back with a proper identity.

I felt very uneasy the moment we started counting our top flight games before the match a few years ago, bringing attention to something that didn't need advertising. Basically asking for it as the old non woke saying goes. On top of this, there's also the entitlement of our fans, which could do with a reality check.

2 of our best ever sides have been created in the aftermath of being relegated and coming back.

I just think we have lost our way for so long, and become this bloated laughing stock, an after thought.

And if the worst happens, and it ruins us financially, so be it. I'm tired of it anyway and this will provide me and others with a legitimate escape.

Bring it on.

flush your head down the bog

they’re is NO coming back NOTHING good will come from it NOTHING

did you hear me? NOTHING ffs

What’s all this talk of a ‘reset’?

Why do you have to get relegated to a notoriously difficult league to get out of, lose huge sums of money and become a laughing stock to ‘reset’?

It wouldn’t be an opportunity to reset, it’d be a disaster and the shock could make it more likely that they go down again rather than return to the PL any time soon.

It’s also dangerous to think it’s a given that Everton would come back up in a year or two. Why? Everton have been mismanaged for years, so why would that change? Everton could become a Championship team for years to come.

I am not apportioning blame it's just a fact that we had just won the league with a young team with a young manager that had the opportunity to go after the biggest prize snatched away from us because of events that had nothing to do with us.
I agree pal. I am over it, but I do believe it drove Howard and our better players away. Lovely man Colin Harvey is a manager he wasn't, we bought some rubbish for big money. Dr David Marsh? He was sent in as Chairman by the Moores family but hated football, he was a tennis man, put in to sell us. Johnson we revolted, then an even bigger red took us over. How we turn this club around "God Knows" will the stadium get built if we go down?? who knows. Will Moshri just jog on and leave Boys Pen and DBB to turn us into Birmingham City? Must say the fans may moan, but that away turn out is unreal every other week. And given the state of Goodison full houses as the norm "unreal" we didn't pack it out in 84/85

Armchair psychology time.

This thread is either an example of a coping mechanism, or you've gone the whole hog on the Kubler-Ross grief cycle.

I agree pal. I am over it, but I do believe it drove Howard and our better players away. Lovely man Colin Harvey is a manager he wasn't, we bought some rubbish for big money. Dr David Marsh? He was sent in as Chairman by the Moores family but hated football, he was a tennis man, put in to sell us. Johnson we revolted, then an even bigger red took us over. How we turn this club around "God Knows" will the stadium get built if we go down?? who knows. Will Moshri just jog on and leave Boys Pen and DBB to turn us into Birmingham City? Must say the fans may moan, but that away turn out is unreal every other week. And given the state of Goodison full houses as the norm "unreal" we didn't pack it out in 84/85
I am with you on everything you say there mate, I am over it as well but regardless of what team was involved the climate at the time with hooliganism a disaster was always on cards and Thatcher couldn't wait to ban English club's from Europe we just happened to be the team it hurt the most.
I was lucky enough to be in Rotterdam the week before to see us win the Cup Winners cup final and have always wondered if our final was the week after rather than the week before would it even been played, I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.