Bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kever10

Player Valuation: £15m
I've finally resigned myself to the fact that we will get relegated this year, and part of me is relieved. I think it may actually be a good thing. Get rid of all the dead wood. Break the tension that has hung over our collective heads for the last 30 years, and start again, build back with a proper identity.

I felt very uneasy the moment we started counting our top flight games before the match a few years ago, bringing attention to something that didn't need advertising. Basically asking for it as the old non woke saying goes. On top of this, there's also the entitlement of our fans, which could do with a reality check.

2 of our best ever sides have been created in the aftermath of being relegated and coming back.

I just think we have lost our way for so long, and become this bloated laughing stock, an after thought.

And if the worst happens, and it ruins us financially, so be it. I'm tired of it anyway and this will provide me and others with a legitimate escape.

Bring it on.

We might finally get a clear out of this awful playing squad if we get relegated.

The worry is how sustainable we are long term if we do and how will impact our ability to finance the stadium.

I've finally resigned myself to the fact that we will get relegated this year, and part of me is relieved. I think it may actually be a good thing. Get rid of all the dead wood. Break the tension that has hung over our collective heads for the last 30 years, and start again, build back with a proper identity.

I felt very uneasy the moment we started counting our top flight games before the match a few years ago, bringing attention to something that didn't need advertising. Basically asking for it as the old non woke saying goes. On top of this, there's also the entitlement of our fans, which could do with a reality check.

2 of our best ever sides have been created in the aftermath of being relegated and coming back.

I just think we have lost our way for so long, and become this bloated laughing stock, an after thought.

And if the worst happens, and it ruins us financially, so be it. I'm tired of it anyway and this will provide me and others with a legitimate escape.

Bring it on.

I hope we stay up but if we do go down it does create an opportunity in itself to rebuild (I also think BMD will still happen regardless).

If we stay up I can't see anything changing in the summer and it'll be another relegation scrap next season with this squad.

Maybe I'm deluded, but I think the stadium will get finished anyway. Too much current and future money tied up in it.

Like I say, if you come back up in 1 or 2 years before the parachute payments run out, you can possibly avoid complete financial meltdown.

We would be the biggest story the championship has ever had, so it could have its own positives. Including no derbies, which would be a huge relief for all of us. We would obviously get drawn against them in 1 or both of the cups like, in the totally fair and totally not fixed draws.

If we time it right, having our 1st season back in the top flight at our new ground could be huge and a very symbolic fresh start.

Either way, I'm just at peace with it now. Whatever happens, I don't really care anyway. Like Comedian says in Watchmen, It's all a joke.

We might finally get a clear out of this awful playing squad if we get relegated.

The worry is how sustainable we are long term if we do and how will impact our ability to finance the stadium.

I can’t see many clubs wanting to touch the vast, vast majority of this squad. There aren’t many clubs out there as stupid as Everton. I think we’ll be stuck with them.

I can’t see many clubs wanting to touch the vast, vast majority of this squad. There aren’t many clubs out there as stupid as Everton. I think we’ll be stuck with them.
Maybe we will be stuck with some unfortunately. But we could do loan to buy. Maybe the likes of Gomes, iwobi.
I think we’d get buyers for the likes of Doucoure, Allan.

It would be horrible to go down after never seeing it in my life time. But maybe a reset is what we need and to finally get rid of a certain person in the boardroom and all the people who he gets to cover his back.

Maybe we will be stuck with some unfortunately. But we could do loan to buy. Maybe the likes of Gomes, iwobi.
I think we’d get buyers for the likes of Doucoure, Allan.

It would be horrible to go down after never seeing it in my life time. But maybe a reset is what we need and to finally get rid of a certain person in the boardroom and all the people who he gets to cover his back.

We’ve tried to loan to buy route and we just end up with them coming back because teams realise how horrendously bad they are. Unless it’s academy youngsters, strictly no loans this summer.

Bring it on.
As pessimistic a view this is.. I sadly find myself understanding it.

Bring it on.

Mate I'm actually embarrassed this thread and that opinion exists on here.

The beauty is with the way the game is, they will do their darndest to get out themselves. Agents working overtime. Those with egos preventing them from dropping a level but not caring enough to take responsibility for the levels they produce.

Separate the rats and mercenaries from people who want to be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.