Bring it on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Fulham when Roy took over? He got them safe, next season, into the Europa League. A rebuild does not need relegation.

A crackpot philosophy once stated =

'that which doe's not kill me, makes me stronger'.

He was wrong.

I've finally resigned myself to the fact that we will get relegated this year, and part of me is relieved. I think it may actually be a good thing. Get rid of all the dead wood. Break the tension that has hung over our collective heads for the last 30 years, and start again, build back with a proper identity.

I felt very uneasy the moment we started counting our top flight games before the match a few years ago, bringing attention to something that didn't need advertising. Basically asking for it as the old non woke saying goes. On top of this, there's also the entitlement of our fans, which could do with a reality check.

2 of our best ever sides have been created in the aftermath of being relegated and coming back.

I just think we have lost our way for so long, and become this bloated laughing stock, an after thought.

And if the worst happens, and it ruins us financially, so be it. I'm tired of it anyway and this will provide me and others with a legitimate escape.

Bring it on.
Relegation is massively counter productive. It’ll take us further away from where we want to be.

You think we’re up the creek now?
Administration is a very real possibility if we drop out of the premier league. There’s also no guarantee we come back up. Even if we kept 90% of the squad, I don’t see them having a title push in them.

But I accept this is looking likely to be the year we go down. I just don’t see us recovering.

Relegation could never be a good thing no matter how much this club has ground us down. It would be an absolute catastrophe and one that we might not even recover from. Just a pity that the disgraceful players don't take the risk seriously too. They will be the reason it happens, nobody else.

We can blame Owners, Managers and fans as much as we like but the players are the people that are not bothered and not doing it on the training ground or pitch and no matter how poor the recruitment and running of the club has been since Moshi took over, this team is still capable of finishing mid table and should be nowhere near the bottom no matter who has been in charge of them. Hate the lot of them for doing this to my Club.

Maybe go and speak to some Sunderland or Leeds United fans. Or Even Villa fans. Newcastle... list goes on.

Relegation a good thing? A cleanser?

Give your head a wobble.
What about Leicester or Man City?

The problem with us is we are suffocated by expectation and are a bloated mess that needs a good clean out. I'm not saying it's my 1st choice, obviously, but if what appears to be the inevitable does happen, it's another day. We have no identity, our fans chase out every single manager for not having us compete in a league that has rules that essentially prevent us from competing. The entitlement and bitterness built up over the years has festered in to the paranoia, anger and impatience that has ruined us from inside out. We can't continue to hire and sack managers every 18 months and allowing whoever it is to spend a fortune on 2 or 3 players to add to the pool.

If we stay up, and at this stage, with these players and the current reality of the situation we are in, I really can't see how, then we still need a couple of years to rebuild without the spoilt, needy expectations we currently have, and it will continue to fester. People got their way in chasing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva... Some even wanted Ancelotti gone before he realised himself we were only going to bring him down to our level. Then we did the same with Benitez, regardless of personal opinions or whether it was the right choice, then again with his potential replacement before he was even hired, and now mutterings of the same with Lampard.

We are toxic.

If, and it's a big if, the inevitable happens and we drop down, but can regroup and return before the new stadium, and at the same time trim some of the fat, then that, combined with a year or so of not having to play a Derby, might not be the worst thing.

If it is a disaster, then so be it. They have taken so much from so many of us and rarely give anything back in return anyway. Its such an abusive relationship, if it was anything but football, most of us would've walked away years ago.

I've finally resigned myself to the fact that we will get relegated this year, and part of me is relieved. I think it may actually be a good thing. Get rid of all the dead wood. Break the tension that has hung over our collective heads for the last 30 years, and start again, build back with a proper identity.

I felt very uneasy the moment we started counting our top flight games before the match a few years ago, bringing attention to something that didn't need advertising. Basically asking for it as the old non woke saying goes. On top of this, there's also the entitlement of our fans, which could do with a reality check.

2 of our best ever sides have been created in the aftermath of being relegated and coming back.

I just think we have lost our way for so long, and become this bloated laughing stock, an after thought.

And if the worst happens, and it ruins us financially, so be it. I'm tired of it anyway and this will provide me and others with a legitimate escape.

Bring it on.
We won't get rid of the deadwood, it is the better players will go and get picked off by Newcastle Aston Villa etc players like Godfrey Doucoure Pickford DCL Richarlison and Gray

We will be left with Coleman Keane Gomes Rondon etc
Get the picture?

What about Leicester or Man City?

The problem with us is we are suffocated by expectation and are a bloated mess that needs a good clean out. I'm not saying it's my 1st choice, obviously, but if what appears to be the inevitable does happen, it's another day. We have no identity, our fans chase out every single manager for not having us compete in a league that has rules that essentially prevent us from competing. The entitlement and bitterness built up over the years has festered in to the paranoia, anger and impatience that has ruined us from inside out. We can't continue to hire and sack managers every 18 months and allowing whoever it is to spend a fortune on 2 or 3 players to add to the pool.

If we stay up, and at this stage, with these players and the current reality of the situation we are in, I really can't see how, then we still need a couple of years to rebuild without the spoilt, needy expectations we currently have, and it will continue to fester. People got their way in chasing Martinez, Koeman, Allardyce, Silva... Some even wanted Ancelotti gone before he realised himself we were only going to bring him down to our level. Then we did the same with Benitez, regardless of personal opinions or whether it was the right choice, then again with his potential replacement before he was even hired, and now mutterings of the same with Lampard.

We are toxic.

If, and it's a big if, the inevitable happens and we drop down, but can regroup and return before the new stadium, and at the same time trim some of the fat, then that, combined with a year or so of not having to play a Derby, might not be the worst thing.

If it is a disaster, then so be it. They have taken so much from so many of us and rarely give anything back in return anyway. Its such an abusive relationship, if it was anything but football, most of us would've walked away years ago.

Yeah mate.

Let's go down a few divisions like Man City, and hope on the way up we're bought out (Man City were a Premier League team when Abu Dhabi’s Sheikh Mansour took over...).

You've said relegation is a good thing. I don't think it's worthwhile me debating from that because in my view, there's no debate to be had so I'll step back.

Yeah mate.

Let's go down a few divisions like Man City, and hope on the way up we're bought out.

You've said relegation is a good thing. I don't think it's worthwhile me debating from that because in my view, there's no debate to be had so I'll step back.
I didn't say categorically that it is a good thing, nor something to aspire to, just that maybe it could be in this instance. Not will be. Could be.

We are a mess and most of us do not enjoy Everton any more. We exist in a pergatory whereby we are incapable of challenging and too good to go down. We are irrelevant to most people which is paradoxically both inspiring and infuriating to our fans. We are a constant source of embarrassment and are basically the punchline to most jokes.

In an ideal world, relegation is not a good thing. I just think it might be the wake up call and reset that this club needs.

I hate how much I love the club, but it brings nothing but disappointment and misery. This would be the final fear I have becoming a reality. The last 1, a year and a half ago, wasn't as bad as I'd built it up to be. I still woke up the next morning.

The reality is, it really doesn't matter anyway. What will be will be.

I didn't say categorically that it is a good thing, nor something to aspire to, just that maybe it could be in this instance. Not will be. Could be.

We are a mess and most of us do not enjoy Everton any more. We exist in a pergatory whereby we are incapable of challenging and too good to go down. We are irrelevant to most people which is paradoxically both inspiring and infuriating to our fans. We are a constant source of embarrassment and are basically the punchline to most jokes.

In an ideal world, relegation is not a good thing. I just think it might be the wake up call and reset that this club needs.

I hate how much I love the club, but it brings nothing but disappointment and misery. This would be the final fear I have becoming a reality. The last 1, a year and a half ago, wasn't as bad as I'd built it up to be. I still woke up the next morning.

The reality is, it really doesn't matter anyway. What will be will be.
That's a very long winded way of saying:

I BELIEVE IN NOTHING, LEBOWSKI!!!

I have pondered this too, the only positive for me would be a mass exodus of players that quite literally haven’t been good enough for sometime, we could lower the age of the squad considerably and have a complete reset. It is a very risky situation to be in. I would be much happier if we stayed up, had a cull anyway and see what Frank can do with a new look team I sincerely hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.