Brands & Silva press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many on here were convince Marcel will call the shots and decides everything with regards to transfer. I’m sure they are looking a bit silly now.

Back to the point, it’s no different from Walsh/Koeman relationship. Both must agree for any signings to go ahead.

..I get the impression Walsh agreed Koeman targets even if he didn’t want them and vice versa. I would hope the process is much more cohesive rather than two individuals working in isolation. Much more businesslike, much more grown up.

They both seem professional and seem to engage their brain before opening their mouths which is more than you can say about the last 3 permanent managers we’ve had.

Neither looked like they wanted to be there and, as suggested, we got essentially the same info and thoughts from them they gave us in last week's round of interviews. Not sure what it achieved. Reboot Everton and draw a line under the last two years? I dont think so.

I felt a bit for Brands and Silva, tbh. What can they do? They cant promise success will happen, they can just reiterate that the reintroduction of a style and identity is a key task for them here. FWIW, though, I do get the impression that we have two men itching to get on with the job and see BS three ring circus's like that press conference as a hindrance to them in that respect. Silva looks driven and Brands looks like he has the calm stature for his role.

It's all good. NOW hopefully we'll hear a lot less bollocks and see more action.

..agree, it was as though the press conference interfered with them getting on with the job.

I thought it was reasonable to ask Silva about him not staying anywhere long. Again, the response was more about action than soft fluffy words.

..agree, it was as though the press conference interfered with them getting on with the job.

I thought it was reasonable to ask Silva about him not staying anywhere long. Again, the response was more about action than soft fluffy words.
Sky and the papers love a narrative. Allardyce came with one, you don't hire him unless you need saving and he peddled it for all it was worth and Silva, rightly or wrongly comes with a ready made one aswell and like you say it was reasonable to ask him about Watford and all that. I though he handled it well and kept the focus on Everton and the job he has here now.

313A73AB-C3F5-47D4-B546-B814C61EBABB.jpeg
Make it so number 1

Marcel reminds me of that Jean-luc Picard, from Star Trek. A proper leader who can make decisions.

Just watched it now before seeing any comments.

Felt like everton wanted the press conference more than the two of them. Brands looks like a man you wouldn’t mess with tbh. Marcel is not as good as martinez in his chatter, which to me is a positive as he looks like he’s here to get the job done and not one to bull

Status
Not open for further replies.