Match Thread Bournemouth vs Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marco Silva Bournemouth press conference highlights:

Confirms Besic to Boro.
Bolasie situation to be sorted between club and player. If he is to stay he will be expected to fight hard to get back into the managers plans.
On Lookman ... he is our player with good technical ability and we have to convince him he is our present and our future.
Richarlison has settled quickly and its no surprise he's scoring goals.
Mina not ready yet.
Good fight now between Baines and Digne for left back slot.
Decision on whether to include Bernard will be made tomorrow.
Tough game Saturday but we go there only wanting the 3 points.
We will play our footy at a high level with the aim of winning the game.
We are ready now to play anyone in any stadium.
Wants players to be confident and enjoy the games.
Fans support is good and they support in every minute of every game to make the players better.
Sigurdsson is a player of high quality and does great work off the ball.
Sigurdsson really enjoying the position he's now in.
Schneiderlin will be back in next week. Out Saturday, only a small issue.

bit annoying that we've loaned out two centre mids in williams and besic because we have too many numbers there ( as well as selling rooney and klaassen) and yet we still end up low on numbers there because we have schneiderlin, gomes and mccarthy all injured. Is beni still injured too?

I'd like us to just go to bournemouth and say we're just going to score more than you and go full out attack with a team like

Pickford
Coleman Holgate Zouma Baines
Gueye Siggurdsson
Walcott Bernard Richarlison
Tosun
Or lookman instead of bernard maybe. That team can just accept it's going to leak chances, but i'd fancy our chances to outscore whatever bournemouth do. I think zouma has to play given how fast wilson is. If we play keane, he'll pry on him and just strip him for pace all the time.
Nice to have those options in the squad, isn't it? :)

Really can't see him changing a winning team though.

Good to have those options on the bench ready to step in if some is not performing!

Agree this is the first test, but it's the first test for them too. We've had some poor results against them. Back four will need to be at their absolute best.

I predict a 2-2 draw.

Agree they have started strong and they are at home, which bodes ill for us, but I think we could get 3 points here.

I watched the replay of the WH/ Bournemouth game and honestly WH dominated a fair bit of possession and had lots of chances or potential chances in the final third.

Biggest problem I saw for us (and its a HUGE problem) is that King and Wilson are strong and FAST, they could terrorize the back line all day. Especially our current CBs on pace. 3-3 for me.

Nice to have those options in the squad, isn't it? :)

Really can't see him changing a winning team though.

Good to have those options on the bench ready to step in if some is not performing!

well with schnides' injury he'll have to change it. It'll almost definitely be davies, just like it was only holgate in for jags.

paying $2.75, I'm backing the mighty Blues. Last weekend saw a very profitable return on capital at risk (i.e. the ante) and so hopefully the worm has turned on my propensity toward putting a hex on the teams I back.

Will Bernard be in the match squad? Wanna see him at least in the bench, read reports that Mina and Gomes won't be for sure, no word about Bernard

We're not going to see anything of Zouma, Bernard, Mina this side of the international break.

I think we can sense we're being "managed" here on expectations regarding seeing those players.

Tough game this, I was more confident Wolves away which we'd have won only for the red. A clenched cheeks 0-1 win will do me.

Status
Not open for further replies.