Blues - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
A post on the Stoke City fan forum:
"Deepest sympathy to all his family and loved ones.
We must remember when The Toffees come to Stoke."

and another...
"If you were one of the travelling stokies that applauded him as he was carried down the staircase on the stretcher, you were part of his final send off, you were part of a very special send off for a man that had tragically died, I'm sure the family will treasure this...well done to all, you played a part. Thoughts are with the family, RIP friend."

From RAWK

Was at the funeral of Sid Benson yesterday (former EFC scout) and thought Everton played a blinder, several players were at the actual funeral in Childwall, numerous youth team players and EFC officials. The wake was at Goodison (Park Road end think its called the Captains Table) and again the club/players could not have done more, happy to pose for numerous photos without a hint of a problem, seemed genuinely interested in talking to Sids sons, grand sons etc. just wandered around the room simply stopping and chatting to anyone and everyone.

Fair play to the club showed some real class for a long serving employee.
RIP Sid.

My arl fella passed away suddenly just over 2 years ago (Delboyblue to any lurkers from another site), a fanatical Evertonian who indoctrinated me in all things EFC from the off. He was good mates with Sid Benson too through amateur footie/refereeing. Will always miss him but I know he's up there, looking over the family on his cloud couch, and smiling that things are looking up for the blues.

Here's a shout out for Harold Matthews who died in March this year. Not sure if he ever posted here, but was an immensely knowledgeable Everton fan, who seemed to be liked by everybody on Toffeeweb. At times his in depth knowledge of players for teams I'd never heard of made me stop and just wonder. From what little I learned of him over a forum, he was also an immensely likeable old school footie fan.
Harold simply a legend

I've been pondering whether to write this up on such a popular site, but I think after a few days it may help me with my grief.

My cousin James took his own life late last week aged 36. He was more like a big brother to me. He was everything I wanted to be, not just growing up, but up until the moment he couldn't cope anymore. I'd copy everything he did; football, gaming, cricket (he'd give me his old gear to use as he grew out of it), model painting, fishing, golf, watching Harry Enfield and all that type of 90s comedy. Being 5 years younger than him, he was my idol.

My first ever Everton game was with him, watching us lose 1 nil away to Spurs, Klingsman scored a beauty of an overhead and Sheringham skied a penalty into Row Z, we were sat in one of the home stands and kept dead quiet and our scarves hidden. It didn't matter that we lost though, we were so excited to finally see Everton in the flesh.

As an adult, he had it all, everything I have wanted. The beautiful wife, 3 adorable kids, the house, the flash car, golf on the weekends. But it wasn't enough for him. The smartest person I ever knew, also one of the most troubled. We would talk weekly and although life was tough, the thought of giving it up had never crossed my mind. He was immortal to me. He still is. I can't believe he's gone. I think it makes it harder living on the other side of the world to him, I can't believe it's actually happened, that he'll reply to my message anytime. I'm truly broken and will miss him dearly.

We have a fantastic depression thread on this forum, please, PLEASE, if you're not feeling yourself, use it, talk to someone, anyone, don't bottle it up, don't give in so easily. There's so many people feeling the same way, we can help eachother.
I've been pondering whether to write this up on such a popular site, but I think after a few days it may help me with my grief.

My cousin James took his own life late last week aged 36. He was more like a big brother to me. He was everything I wanted to be, not just growing up, but up until the moment he couldn't cope anymore. I'd copy everything he did; football, gaming, cricket (he'd give me his old gear to use as he grew out of it), model painting, fishing, golf, watching Harry Enfield and all that type of 90s comedy. Being 5 years younger than him, he was my idol.

My first ever Everton game was with him, watching us lose 1 nil away to Spurs, Klingsman scored a beauty of an overhead and Sheringham skied a penalty into Row Z, we were sat in one of the home stands and kept dead quiet and our scarves hidden. It didn't matter that we lost though, we were so excited to finally see Everton in the flesh.

As an adult, he had it all, everything I have wanted. The beautiful wife, 3 adorable kids, the house, the flash car, golf on the weekends. But it wasn't enough for him. The smartest person I ever knew, also one of the most troubled. We would talk weekly and although life was tough, the thought of giving it up had never crossed my mind. He was immortal to me. He still is. I can't believe he's gone. I think it makes it harder living on the other side of the world to him, I can't believe it's actually happened, that he'll reply to my message anytime. I'm truly broken and will miss him dearly.

We have a fantastic depression thread on this forum, please, PLEASE, if you're not feeling yourself, use it, talk to someone, anyone, don't bottle it up, don't give in so easily. There's so many people feeling the same way, we can help eachother.
this made me cry

Status
Not open for further replies.