Blues - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP to my arl fella, Les, who passed away in the early hours of December 14th a few hours after managing to watch a live stream of the Arsenal game in Arrowe Park. We all had a tear in our eye as you disappeared behind the curtain on Wednesday morning to Z Cars. I'll miss you mate.

Also, a big thank you to the staff on ward 21 at Arrowe Park. The place gets a lot of criticism but i'll never forget the way they treated my dad in his last few days.

RIP to my arl fella, Les, who passed away in the early hours of December 14th a few hours after managing to watch a live stream of the Arsenal game in Arrowe Park. We all had a tear in our eye as you disappeared behind the curtain on Wednesday morning to Z Cars. I'll miss you mate.

Also, a big thank you to the staff on ward 21 at Arrowe Park. The place gets a lot of criticism but i'll never forget the way they treated my dad in his last few days.

Condolences to you and your family.....you did him proud there with his send off by the sounds of it.

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but the big man deserves a eulogy. RIP Grandad Joe.

My grandad took me to my first ever Everton game back in 1996 when I was only 6, and despite being freezing cold and barely remembering the game itself I remember the experience and spending the day with him, I've got him to thank for the Everton bug. It was the first of many games over the years, and i want to carry on the tradition of a grandfather bringing his grandson to his first game when I have kids one day.

He himself only became a blue under special circumstances which has made me believe the 'born not manufactured' mantra. He was taken to his first game later in life than most, late teens, and his first game was watching our neighbours across the park as all of his family were reds. He witnessed a sizeable win from the kop, and though he couldn't put his finger on it, it just didn't 'feel right' to him. He then went on an Everton game by himself the next week, we drew the game, but he absolutely loved it and never looked back since. Season ticket holder for many years until he got too unwell to handle the cold.

Were it not for his gut instinct I'd be a red not a blue and for that I'm forever in debt, cheers grandad, RIP.

Here you go mate.

Even under sad circumstances, I love hearing these stories. He might not be here in the flesh any more, but he's have left you and yours lots of great memories.

RIP Joe.

The body leaves us mate, their spirit never does, he'll be right beside you when you need him, trust me.

Take it easy

10th anniversary today of the passing of my dad after a long battle against a terrible illness, a passionate blue who took me to me first game back in the 1970s.
I'll just share with you what happened on that fateful day back on March 18th 2007. My dad always moaned that other teams scored late goals, but never Everton. When another team got a last minute winner he'd say 'there you are, they get late winners, we don't'.
Anyway I returned from the hospital following his death late that afternoon, when Everton were playing arsenal. I got in around the 87th minute and quickly switched on the TV to watch the end of the blues game. I said to my mum, if dad is looking down on us, we'll get a late winner. Sure enough up pops Andy Johnson to score that late winner. I don't know what was louder the cheer from goodison or our house. Call it divine intervention?

10th anniversary today of the passing of my dad after a long battle against a terrible illness, a passionate blue who took me to me first game back in the 1970s.
I'll just share with you what happened on that fateful day back on March 18th 2007. My dad always moaned that other teams scored late goals, but never Everton. When another team got a last minute winner he'd say 'there you are, they get late winners, we don't'.
Anyway I returned from the hospital following his death late that afternoon, when Everton were playing arsenal. I got in around the 87th minute and quickly switched on the TV to watch the end of the blues game. I said to my mum, if dad is looking down on us, we'll get a late winner. Sure enough up pops Andy Johnson to score that late winner. I don't know what was louder the cheer from goodison or our house. Call it divine intervention?
Nice one mate,your dads spirit will live on at Goodison or wherever we are in the future along with all our other departed blue brethren of that I am sure:)

Re-posted on behalf of @McMagic

A very good friend of mine died a couple of days ago on holiday in Spain, with his wife Rose (A lovely cockney girl he met on
holiday).
George Campbell was a very good amateur footballer, known all over Liverpool to friends and footy players alike,
I played against him in 1964 at Melwood, he was playing for Liverpool C.
George went on to play for Aintree SS from the Liverpool Comb for many seasons, he captained the Woodpecker from the Kirkby Prem until he hung up his boots over the age of 40.
George & Rose travelled the world many times, this was because they worked hard & played hard. They married and emigrated to South Africa for a couple of years, he became a Driving Instructor in Essex, and they managed a few Pubs in the Surrey area, I'm guessing that they retired about 10 years ago and moved to Formby by the Freshfield.
George was a fit man, who was into pushbiking around Formby and playing Crown Green Bowling for a local Pub. George had a season
ticket for the Top Balcony for a long time up until now. Apart from working away etc. from 1958 he went to the game religiously with his boyhood friends Dave Egan & Billy Haynes. I know Rose will be devastated, but I also know that she will have more than 50 years of love and companionship to comfort her.
George Campbell 1947-2017. will be sadly missed by all and the old Hygena in Kirkby.
RIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.