Blues - In Memoriam

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Esk

Player Valuation: £70m
Arising from a wonderful thread started by @evo1878 , came the idea of a thread dedicated to Blues who sadly are no longer with us.

I hope it becomes a celebration of past Blues as well as a place for Blues suffering recent bereavement.

Like the "depression" thread I'm sure it will become a treasured part of GOT, full of great content but also a place to offer peace and support at the passing of a loved or known person.

My Uncle Tommy, who loved Everton with a passion and my Nan who died in 1980 aged 80. Never been to a football match in her life but was blue through and through. And hated RS!! Also my first employer, I had a Saturday job in a cake shop that baked all its own stuff, near our house. I was 15. He was Polish and every other Saturday he went off to Goodison. He used to get back just before we closed. If Everton had won, we got free cakes to take home, if they lost he would stomp into the bakery and boot the flour sacks all over the place! RIP allx

Well done mate, I too loved the carpe diem thread and hoped this thread would be created. Really pleased to see this up and running, obviously a sad time but passing on stories helps keep people 's memories alive and I think that is important for people grieving. I hope while giving people a chance to reflect and be sad, it will also raise appropriate smiles too. Have several people in mind I will post about in the near future. As @Esk says I hope it will become atreasured part of GOT.

My Uncle Tommy, who loved Everton with a passion and my Nan who died in 1980 aged 80. Never been to a football match in her life but was blue through and through. And hated RS!! Also my first employer, I had a Saturday job in a cake shop that baked all its own stuff, near our house. I was 15. He was Polish and every other Saturday he went off to Goodison. He used to get back just before we closed. If Everton had won, we got free cakes to take home, if they lost he would stomp into the bakery and boot the flour sacks all over the place! RIP allx

This made me smile - got a great picture in my mind of him kicking flour sacks!! Sure we all feel like that when we lose, doesn't the result of the weekend affect us all!!

20160616_205912.jpg my dad outside Wembley in 66
Taught me to be a true blue
Still miss him like mad

Status
Not open for further replies.