Blame The Players Thread

How much of the blame would you give the players for the sacking of Martinez/Koeman and the current

• 0%

• 20%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 80%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fair to say there's a lot of fans sick and tired of most of our players and the lack of effort shown over the last 4 seasons.

Some have mentioned they wouldn't care less if all were sold and we started next season with a completely clean slate. I can definitely understand that. I'm sick of them all.

However the main point of this thread is that it annoys me seeing managers getting all the stick in one thread and the players getting it easier as they all have individual threads.

Some of the performances by some of the players, in particular in Martinez 3rd season, Koeman 2nd and also this season are absolutely pathetic.

I would like to get the ball rolling by saying that so called loyal players Jags Baines and Coleman have turned in some shocking rubbish and never seem to show that they really give a crap when things have been bad.

Also when we finally get the below players sold or their contract is up there should be a swear filter on the forum so you can't post their names. @GrandOldTeam Let us forget and move on from....

Bolasie
Niasse
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Miralles
Cuco
Williams

So there it is. Take a break from putting the boot into another underperforming manager and give the players what they deserve. All in one convenient thread!

You seem to be mentioning a load of players who don't actually play for us? Many who never will again.

The players who don't play for us can not be blamed for the crap that is seen on the pitch every week.

To me its 100% on the hierarchy at rhe club. The powers that be at this club have created a losers culture of utter cowardice and meal acceptance of mediocrity to fester at the club. They just want us to do enough to survive in the league and make money. That attitude rubs off on everyone associated with the club in a professional capacity. It's created an environment were losing is not only accepted it's shrugged off as a non issue most of the time and nobody is more surprised then everyone at the club when we do fluke a big win.

This attitude is why we can only attract mediocre mercenaries for both manager and players who don't care. Winners wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. The only people we can get are managers/players who have no standards other then money. Once they get paid that silly money its all good, they'll do just enough. Nobody at the club cares when they fail so why should they? The people at the top are very open about not giving a dam so why would anyone lower down the line care? We don't hire managers at Everton football club, we hire pasties to take the fall once every year or so. The players will do the bare minimum to make sure we stay up and keep them on their over inflated wages. The only reason anyone playing for us would try is for professional pride and that's in very short supply at this club these days. Why would any of them love or even care about this club when the people who run the place and playing them hold it in such little regard?

Until the club rids itself of this poisons attitude we'll never get better. All we can do right now is get another crap manager who'll be a shade better then Silva. It's not like that'll be difficult, he just needs to be a good man manager that will be able to appeal to our loser players vanity and a half decent coach that can drill these losers to get basics right game by game. That's the best we can hope for as this stand and it's incredibly grim.:(
very good points mate.....we are where we are now for a number of reasons, and quite rightly we can blame managers and players to our hearts content while putting to one side the appalling attitude of the decision makers at our club over the past 30 years. Lack of ambition starts at the top and trickled down resulting in horrendous managerial appointments and an apparent laissez faire attitude amongst the players, and a growing apathy and helplessness among the fans who can see which way this once great club is going. NSNO???? Don't make me laugh, that died years ago.

Just watching the Leicester game.

That Vardy goal - can anyone tell me at any time this season when they've seen one of our players score a goal like that?

In fact, any time in the last two seasons?

Tosun came closest, v Newcastle, and somehow missed. Same with Gomes I suppose v Liverpool.

We were playing fine at the beginning of the season, lost our way around midseason and Silva can’t rally these sadsacks back into shape because let’s face it- he’ll just look deep into his eyes and whisper “In this moment, you are the ocean, stars and sky Andre.” He is Martinez fluff machine 2.0 and not a leader of men

50/50 because our players are mentally poo

You seem to be mentioning a load of players who don't actually play for us? Many who never will again.

The players who don't play for us can not be blamed for the crap that is seen on the pitch every week.

I mentioned them under a different point. A plea to the boss to save us from ever seeing their names again once they are gone.

Edit: plus I was talking bout last 4yrs

Sarri at Chelsea
Mourinho at Utd

Mourinho was sacked the players weren't and likely Sarri will also be gone before the players.

The facts are Silva will be gone long before our squad and rightly so if the team isnt performing.

So...no blame then?

Depends if you think they have downed tools.

They certainly dont look like they have and look to be playing for the manager - however they have zero decent coaching which is why we are losing week in week out.

100% on this idiot and whatever Portuguese B coaches he's employing beneath him.

Depends if you think they have downed tools.

They certainly dont look like they have and look to be playing for the manager - however they have zero decent coaching which is why we are losing week in week out.

100% on this idiot and whatever Portuguese B coaches he's employing beneath him.

I don't think they've downed tools but there's some severe lack of effort on show out there at the moment.

putting it 100% on the manager is just silly tbh

I don't think they've downed tools but there's some severe lack of effort on show out there at the moment.

putting it 100% on the manager is just silly tbh

The buck stops with the manager though thats football now - you can not sell a squad of players unless you have Man City money and even then it would take 2-3 seasons. Those justifying getting shot of our players over a bloke who's record in england at 3 clubs is shocking is baffling.

If we were under Guardiola I would agree however we are under Marco Silva and if it takes getting him out the door in giving us a chance of actually going to the games and enjoying the football and seeing us win more than we lose then he has to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.