Blame The Players Thread

How much of the blame would you give the players for the sacking of Martinez/Koeman and the current

• 0%

• 20%

• 40%

• 50%

• 60%

• 80%

• 100%

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bicycleheader

Brahms Third Racket
I think it's fair to say there's a lot of fans sick and tired of most of our players and the lack of effort shown over the last 4 seasons.

Some have mentioned they wouldn't care less if all were sold and we started next season with a completely clean slate. I can definitely understand that. I'm sick of them all.

However the main point of this thread is that it annoys me seeing managers getting all the stick in one thread and the players getting it easier as they all have individual threads.

Some of the performances by some of the players, in particular in Martinez 3rd season, Koeman 2nd and also this season are absolutely pathetic.

I would like to get the ball rolling by saying that so called loyal players Jags Baines and Coleman have turned in some shocking rubbish and never seem to show that they really give a crap when things have been bad.

Also when we finally get the below players sold or their contract is up there should be a swear filter on the forum so you can't post their names. @GrandOldTeam Let us forget and move on from....

Bolasie
Niasse
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Miralles
Cuco
Williams

So there it is. Take a break from putting the boot into another underperforming manager and give the players what they deserve. All in one convenient thread!

Last edited:
I think it's fair to say there's a lot of fans sick and tired of most of our players and the lack of effort shown over the last 4 seasons.

Some have mentioned they wouldn't care less if all were sold and we started next season with a completely clean slate. I can definitely understand that. I'm sick of them all.

However the main point of this thread is that it annoys me seeing managers getting all the stick in one thread and the players getting it easier as they all have individual threads.

Some of the performances by some of the players, in particular in Martinez 3rd season, Koeman 2nd and also this season are absolutely pathetic.

I would like to get the ball rolling by saying that so called loyal players Jags Baines and Coleman have turned in some shocking rubbish and never seem to show that they really give a crap when things have been bad.

Also when we finally get the below players sold or their interact is up there should be a swear filter on the forum so you can't post their names. @GrandOldTeam Let us forget and move on from....

Bolasie
Niasse
Sandro
Schneiderlin
Miralles
Cuco
Williams

So there it is. Take a break from putting the boot into another underperforming manager and give the players what they deserve. All in one convenient thread!

tHE MANAGER IS TO BLAME

25 PLAYERS DONT SUDDENLY ALL BECOME CRAP OVERNIGHT

This is patently false, they were a part of what made us respectable when we didn't have a pot to piss in...it's literally scary you'd come to that sort of conclusion.

This is patently false, they were a part of what made us respectable when we didn't have a pot to piss in...it's literally scary you'd come to that sort of conclusion.

They were. I don't disagree

But they've turned in some real non performances sometimes in recent years as if just not playing for the manager. in my opinion. And I don't like that at all.

Player power wins every time in the modern game.

Marco, Koeman and Bobby irked the Goodison mafia, creating a toxic dressing room. As a manager, that has to make delivering messages and implementing new systems (like Zonal, for example) extraordinarly difficult as the players would ultimately be less receptive to someone they don’t like / respect.

Could the players have worked harder and been more professional? Yes.

Is it ultimately the managers job to get said players engaged and motivated in his plan? Yes.

Difficult (and unhelpful, I must add) to assign proportionate blame to either manager or players - it’s just easier and more practical to get rid of one man than 10+ players, isn’t it?

Either way, I think we all have known for many years that the rot has set in much deeper than just manager and players.

I said 40% I think they have to take a bit of the blame but most of it rests on Silva, He picks the team he trains them he tells them what to do he sets the formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.