Black Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inappropriate Language
It's not deflating because it always happens to us now. I get [Poor language removed] depressed with this happening to us every season in not sure how much longer I can put up with it tbh.

I can take losing with us being the worse side. I can take the odd loss due to a ref error because they're only human, but when it's ALWAYS because of bad decision its too tough to take. Our fans who travel the country really don't deserve to go through that so often.

Really don't have that losing, depressed feeling tbh.

Richarlison out for 3 games
Keane carried off
Three points thrown away

I do admire your fortitude. But if that doesn't feel like a loss I dont know what has to happen in a game.

Some thoughts on the game
If that is a red for Richarlison then the game has gone. I honestly can’t accept how in any way that is a straight red and a three game ban... madness.
Coleman was awful first half, loads of mistakes and not just his normal crap crossing but loads of mistakes in general.
The spirit shown by the lads in the second half for the first 25 minutes was outstanding. To go from 0-0 and a man down to 0-2 and them having a man down would never have happened under Koeman or Allardyce. Fair play.
What a ball for Pickford before their red. One of those every two or three games is why commentators go on about his distribution... it’s not normal for keepers to start moves like that.
Very soft pen but Baines shouldn’t be giving the ref a decision to make. Baines isn’t fast enough to play in the premier league at LB anymore. I hope Digne is ready.
As much as we’d have never got into the position to be 2 up under Allardyce or Koeman we’d have also never given away that lead so unprofessionally.
A change should’ve been made straight after the second goal. Walcott needed to come off as he was goosed. Don’t care if it’s DCL to hold the ball up or Bernard to try and counter but a change needed to be made.

It’s difficult to be unhappy with the way we play football after last season but I really hope Digne, Zouma and Mina are the answers or we’re gonna have some very high goals scored and goals conceded stats by the end of the year.

There is a mentality ingrained in the club that holds us back any time we dare to take the next step. The players did it under Moyes, Osman against sunderland when we were flying under Martinez, the whole team in the palace game after beating Arsenal to take the lead for fourth, Kyiv away after Lukaku scored, the cup semi when Lukaku missed the pen, DCL missing an open net against Liverpool. Any moment we have a chance to move forward as a club the players sabotage it. They don’t want it, as simple as that.
It's a lack of composure and blind panic. That was alsio the cause of the injury to Keane.

We have zero confidence in our own ability.

Tosun challenge could easily have been a penalty, given what a soft one the Wilson one was. Siggy had a great chance at the end as well.

Players still adapting to zonal marking and that is costing goals at the moment.

I’m hoping that today is the realisation to silva that some of our team is not up to the standard he demands. Baines although a great player is now in serious decline and if the truth be told has been for some time. Tom Davies hasn’t kicked on like he should have, but at least has time on his side. 3 games in 2 goals scored in each game but only 1 win. The defensive side of our side needs urgent attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.