Bill Kenwright

To be honest mate, I am at a loss in the wake of these announcements.

Moshiri clearly doesn’t pay any notice to the strength of feeling from the majority of fans towards Kenwright.

I am even more bemused that MSP, Bell and Downing appear to have agreed to or failed to argue anything like strongly enough against the retention in any capacity of Kenwright.

And given the support Moshiri had previously given publicly to messrs Barrett-Baxendale, Ingles and Sharp, and the gushing eulogy about them having worked tirelessly etc etc… why were their resignations accepted, seemingly with no known effort to dissuade them ??

Furthermore, it makes me wonder about how much today’s announcements are potentially related to the allegations that prompted Carlo Ancelotti to take out an action 🤔🤔
Could it be that these characters have requested that Bill stays on as part of the terms of their investment. I'm sure I read that one of them is mates with Kenwright?.

But what's your suggestions for this alternative escalated form of protest, as currently you just come across as deriding those who have made some effort at a moment where majority are riled up yet again by our stupid club

Im not a fan of how the protest movement has been managed or focussed - no - for many different reasons. That's different from not wanting change. The two things can exist together, so lets not make things binary.

Its what i was getting at really, protest wont hurt someone in Monaco or London, todays decision making shows that.

What would hurt the decision maker i.e Moshiri?

If it was me, you target his pocket and create tension in the market- here's the dynamic. Moshri, cant get credit to complete the stadium. Thus he has to raise £100 mill from MSP in risk desclualation, before he can go back to the market and raise and additional £250 mill. Its essentially like buying a house, before the market will give him £250 mill he has to have a deposit of £100 - the market wont lend him or £350 mill straight up - that was the original plan.

The market is however very jittery. If something were to happen, like a boycott of games, boycott of commercial operations or a picket placed on the club - then creditors get jittery, they may look for additional security, equity, higher interest or not lend at all - somewhere before all of that the majority shareholder is faced with a choice, either make a decision to get easier credit or stick to his guns and take on the extra cost.

That's an example of an escalation.

It wouldn't be the first time, some how i was in Glasgow in the early 90s during the Celtic boycott and i was in and around it allbeit i was very young and it worked then - it brought down the board and eventually forced a change in ownership.

Last edited:

Everton FC is destined to languish with this man still lingering on. Other clubs appear to have a mission and fresh approach. We just continue to stagnate.

It's as though we are still attempting to find our feet and purpose in the Premier League - which was created 31 years ago.

I guarantee a large percentage of our match-going fans would still clap this charlatan if his bloated mush ever appeared on the big screen again.