2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think is July 2019 Moshiri takes up his % of shares to 77.8% or something like that as part of him taking over club?

I've said it for a long time that given his terrible track record of cock-ups and downright lies over 20 long years, had BK been a foreigner, or a red like Peter Johnson was, he'd have been chased out years ago just like Johnson himself was.

He constantly uses his Evertonian credentials as a defensive shield when coming under pressure and many fall for it. So many fans have confused his support for the club with him being the right man to run it down the years.

Kenwright has no right to be Chairman of a club like Everton in todays Premier League. He's a comedy act way out of his depth and should have stepped down years ago, or better still, never ever been in a position of power. He's become far to comfortable in his role and shows no signs of relinquishing it.

And whose decision is that?

The board themselves do is my understanding, I’m open to correction on that though.

I’m not sure even just bring s board member is an insignificant role to be honest, never mind chairman.

My point is I’m not saying Moshiri doesn’t run the show in the main, I would just happen to think Bill still has a big influence at the club, as his role as a board member and chairman suggest. He’s also still a pretty significant shareholder still, if not the majority one.

Anyhow I think it’s the wrong premise Kenwright Vs Moshiri, I believe they work very closely together and perhaps that’s closer to the truth then one is in and the other out wholly.

I've said it for a long time that given his terrible track record of cock-ups and downright lies over 20 long years, had BK been a foreigner, or a red like Peter Johnson was, he'd have been chased out years ago just like Johnson himself was.

He constantly uses his Evertonian credentials as a defensive shield when coming under pressure and many fall for it. So many fans have confused his support for the club with him being the right man to run it down the years.

Kenwright has no right to be Chairman of a club like Everton in todays Premier League. He's a comedy act way out of his depth and should have stepped down years ago, or better still, never ever been in a position of power. He's become far to comfortable in his role and shows no signs of relinquishing it.
Maybe he is a good reminder that a club is more than a business.

Im no Johnston fan, but we did win a trophy during his tenure as chairman, and the rs never beat us during his time as chairman either.Peter Johnston was an inept chairman, but at least the club actually had ambition during his time as chairman.

Im no Johnston fan, but we did win a trophy during his tenure as chairman, and the rs never beat us during his time as chairman either.Peter Johnston was an inept chairman, but at least the club had ambition during his tenure as chairman.

And at least Johnson knew when it was time to go. Unlike this limpet Kenwright. He'll still be Chairman and holding influence when he's 80 imo. Our Doug Ellis (only worse!).

Im no Johnston fan, but we did win a trophy during his tenure as chairman, and the rs never beat us during his time as chairman either.Peter Johnston was an inept chairman, but at least the club actually had ambition during his time as chairman.
I actually have some genuine ITK about his time with us, and it is very simple. He was happy to and keen to invest. Severe business issues forced him to pull out fast, crisis management. Not the 'agent' he was painted as.

I think is July 2019 Moshiri takes up his % of shares to 77.8% or something like that as part of him taking over club?
Nobody knows.
Been speculation about Grantchester stake being bought which would bring his stake up to about 7.9%. Offer for Tamblin, Holland, Mulville shares would probably bring it up to about the figure mentioned.
Worryingly, if the above is correct this leaves Bill Kenwright with a 5% stake, so just enough to potentially cause a deal of mischief if so minded - calling general meetings and stuff.
I hope that BK, Estate of Philip Carter, Tamblin, Holland et al are the shares being bought. Leave Grantchester in place as not really involved with the club and do a deal later?

Oh hell, just checked IoM registry and all charges satisfied which points to BK keeping his 5%.

Last edited:
As is Blue Bill.....

One let a trophy winning manager walk away over a transfer fee, see us almost drop out the league twice and sell our main forward and captain behind his manager's back while the team was in the middle of a game

The other's worst crime was not being able to push stadium moves through on two occasions because of a lack of funding

Status
Not open for further replies.