2019/20 Bill Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree to an extent however as acting chairman why isn't he out there attracting these types of individuals looking to buy into English football?

Moshiri might not want to sell a stake/bring partners in but if he doesnt then he'll only lose as another oil monied club over takes us in the next 5-10 years like City did.

For me you would think someone who loves the club as much as BK states would be able to snake charm these wealthy backers through the door.

1) the Leeds takeover is only a rumour for now

2) Leeds have spent 16 years trying to get out of the Football League, appointed numerous managers and changed ownership a couple of times before appointing their biggest named manager since Clough and still couldn't get over the promotion line, the Qatari lot buying in won't bring instant success the same way the Mansour's did to City because the Championship is much more of a competitive League than the Prem

1) the Leeds takeover is only a rumour for now

2) Leeds have spent 16 years trying to get out of the Football League, appointed numerous managers and changed ownership a couple of times before appointing their biggest named manager since Clough and still couldn't get over the promotion line, the Qatari lot buying in won't bring instant success the same way the Mansour's did to City because the Championship is much more of a competitive League than the Prem

Wolves got promoted at the first opportunity - if Qatar buy Leeds they'll be up within 2 seasons max as they'll bring in players on big money same as Wolves but to a larger extent.

If you or I were EFC chairman I would be out there selling the club / BMD to any group wealthy enough to genuinely turn us into a force again.

If Leeds are bought out by these them and City will monopolise english football for the foreseeable - the top 6 becomes top 7 and we'll never get a sniff of even the Europa League again without the 1 in 10 season chance of maybe pipping a weak Arsenal or Utd who still have the money/big name to attract better players like Aubaymang and Martial etc.

In short we may aswell pack up and go home as every season the chance of qualifying for Europe or winning a trophy is very very small - that for me is every reason for EFC to be trying to get these types buying into the club.

Wolves got promoted at the first opportunity - if Qatar buy Leeds they'll be up within 2 seasons max as they'll bring in players on big money same as Wolves but to a larger extent.

If you or I were EFC chairman I would be out there selling the club / BMD to any group wealthy enough to genuinely turn us into a force again.

If Leeds are bought out by these them and City will monopolise english football for the foreseeable - the top 6 becomes top 7 and we'll never get a sniff of even the Europa League again without the 1 in 10 season chance of maybe pipping a weak Arsenal or Utd who still have the money/big name to attract better players like Aubaymang and Martial etc.

In short we may aswell pack up and go home as every season the chance of qualifying for Europe or winning a trophy is very very small - that for me is every reason for EFC to be trying to get these types buying into the club.
#mysticforeverblue

#mysticforeverblue

Fans laughed when City were after Lescott after they were first taken over

"Why wer da Jolean go to dat small club wid no istory or fans."

Leeds getting bought out by PSG's owners would be a disaster for this club make no mistake about it. We were european regulars until City made a top 4/5 a top 6 and pushed us into that 7th bracket which is the last european spot however still not guaranteed qualification - us being pushed into 8th most years - whats the point?

He has to, the minute Moshiri tells him to.
But it’s not really about how many shares Kenwright has got, it ‘s about ( to me) the whole demeanour of the man, I’ve never ever met an Everton supporter who makes me cringe like Kenwright, one of us? I repeat he’s not like any Everton fan I’ve met. Watch his cringeworthy,vomit inducing performance as he makes his speech before presenting Michael Keane with his (Kenwright’s) Blue Blood Dixie Dean award for last season, how Silva, Brand, Baxindale could sit there and watch that without one of them saying to Kenwright “ FFS, shut up and just give him the statue” I don’t know, It was just completely toe curling embarrassment, and still some Everton fans like him and say he is one of us. Completely baffling to me.

But it’s not really about how many shares Kenwright has got, it ‘s about ( to me) the whole demeanour of the man, I’ve never ever met an Everton supporter who makes me cringe like Kenwright, one of us? I repeat he’s not like any Everton fan I’ve met. Watch his cringeworthy,vomit inducing performance as he makes his speech before presenting Michael Keane with his (Kenwright’s) Blue Blood Dixie Dean award for last season, how Silva, Brand, Baxindale could sit there and watch that without one of them saying to Kenwright “ FFS, shut up and just give him the statue” I don’t know, It was just completely toe curling embarrassment, and still some Everton fans like him and say he is one of us. Completely baffling to me.

Not seen them.

He definitely is a narcissist - he even couldn't bare selling up to Moshiri without certain clauses keeping him in at the club.

I wouldn't be shocked if he has a clause keeping him on as chairman even when his shares are sold.

I'll celebrate the day he buggers off like a cup win.

You are old enough to know that it takes all sorts of people to be an Evertonian. Kenwright is 'show business' and believe me I've met people who are a lot more 'show business' than him. Kenwright is a sentimentalist and a sensitive so and so. He 'milks' any kind of audience...that's not a crime, about half the people in his core business do the same. Tell you what though, he must have something, given the succession of good looking women who have fallen for him !! Jeez...Jenny even left Michael Winner for him !!!:);)

You are old enough to know that it takes all sorts of people to be an Evertonian. Kenwright is 'show business' and believe me I've met people who are a lot more 'show business' than him. Kenwright is a sentimentalist and a sensitive so and so. He 'milks' any kind of audience...that's not a crime, about half the people in his core business do the same. Tell you what though, he must have something, given the succession of good looking women who have fallen for him !! Jeez...Jenny even left Michael Winner for him !!!:);)

Looks like it was out of the frying pan and into the fire for poor old Jenny.

Oh right, fair enough, they are on Everton’s official website, if you are interested, but don’t watch them if you’ve just had something to eat,it might not bother you roydo as you like Bill.

I am totally agnostic towards him as it happens. Think thats the right word.

With all due respect mate, Wolves took 3 years to get promoted.

Lets see how Wolves get on next season which will be much harder. It is becoming increasingly difficult to buy your way up the league due to FFP (and the City case will make that harder) so the idea Leeds are going to automatically make it a top 7 seems a bit of a long shot.

If they can get themselves promoted we'll see how adeptly they spend the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.