Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cahill.
Mirallas.
Naismith.
Distin.
Lukaku.

I'll grant you the current squad is disproportionately weighted towards players who wilt under crowd pressure... But I'd contend that this is an indicator that they are psychologically weak, and too many weak players will cause you problems... Oh look, we're in relegation trouble.

Players who can't pick themselves up from a poor performance because people comment on their poor performance are probably not going to get to the top of the mountain.
That’s a fair assessment

SOME players are of the psychological type that won't respond well to negative criticism from the crowd. Others are not of that type - Richarlison being the most recent example I can think of at Goodison, for instance.

Won't get far in football anywhere from Sunday league upwards if negative criticism puts a player off a game. Mental strength has been a thing in football since forever. And I'm strictly meaning football performances, if fans are now being cajoled into being passive supporters, football is going to die pretty quickly...

What an embarrassing post.

People should stop being human because they are well paid.
No, people should do their jobs and be held accountable if they don't, no matter what they are paid. No one should face abuse, but criticism is not abuse. If you choose to monetise your brand on social media you expose yourself to commentary on that platform, if that commentary affects your ability to do your job, your self-esteem or your mental health the first step should be to withdraw from that platform. Their wealth allows them to do this, that is the only reason it is relevant.

Your knee-jerk reaction is the embarrassing post.

That’s a fair assessment
Thank you for conceding the point gracefully.

In return, I would take no issue with the thread title if it had been phrased:

"Slaven Bilic confirming that SOME players find that their game is AFFECTED negatively when they face abuse."

That statement is absolutely accurate.

The correct move is not to berate fans for criticising weak players - this isn't U9s Sunday league. The correct move is to stop recruiting players of that psychological ilk, because the difference between the very best and all the rest is mentality. Every Prem footballer is athletic, every Prem footballer can play football. But not all of them can grit their teeth and will themselves to perform when the pressure is on.

"Slaven Bilic confirming that SOME players find that their game is AFFECTED negatively when they face abuse."

The correct move is not to berate fans for criticising weak players - this isn't U9s Sunday league. The correct move is to stop recruiting players of that psychological ilk, because the difference between the very best and all the rest is mentality. Every Prem footballer is athletic, every Prem footballer can play football. But not all of them can grit their teeth and will themselves to perform when the pressure is on.
I mean the correct move is to take toxic nob heads out of it! However, as that ain’t happening, we will continue subjecting young men to abuse and hope they can “man up”….,,.

?

FIGtjUbXEAoRxWW.jpg

There’s a difference between criticism and being part of a home crowd that’s getting on your own players.

You’d have to be a robot not to have the latter affect you and these guys aren’t.

I’m 100% with that.

There’s a difference between criticism and being part of a home crowd that’s getting on your own players.

You’d have to be a robot not to have the latter affect you and these guys aren’t.

I’m 100% with that.
far too many use abuse and not give criticism, and the sad thing is, they don't seem to understand the difference and the different impact it can have on people.

Status
Not open for further replies.