Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re missing the point here massively here are and coming across as very closed minded and old fashioned. Elite sport is all about maximising performance and incremental gains. It is absolutely indisputable that even the mentally toughest players will perform better if the crowd is on their side and supportive. The players should be subject to constructive criticism and the occasionally rollicking as required from the manager and coach (I.e. the people who actually know what they’re talking about). You ain’t going to find someone mentally tougher than Ben Stokes (also extremely talented) and he is 100% bought in to creating a supportive environment with no fear of failure and players who guys like would have discarded as being mentally weak suddenly look like world beaters with no fear of failure. If you want to give the team the best chance to succeed be supportive. Alternatively carrying on meaning and booing like a spoilt kid every time they make a mistake. It’s not a good look though TBH.
This guy was mentally tough...

pure belief in all the roids he was benching into his veins (that race was won in the first 5 metres)

If we’re having to plead with fully grown humans to *checks notes* not give horrific abuse in the name of sport to young lads trying to follow their dreams, then perhaps sport isn’t for these wretched individuals.

Yes. The players are accused of being weak or snowflakes etc. but that just misses the point. The point is we have the players we have at any given time and if we want them to perform as well as they can (whatever their ability) subjecting them to booing and abuse is not going to help. It is completely counter productive. Saying the players should be able to cope with it is irrelevant. We have the players we have and they react the way they react. Some pointed out that the very best players can block it out - but they are usually not being abused by their own fans, being abused by away fans knowing that your own fans have your back can be motivational. The real snowflakes in all of this are grown men and women who are unable to control their emotions sufficiently to not act in a way inside the ground which is counter productive to what their goal is - Everton playing as well as possible.
Just cheer everything, all the time. No matter how poor or disinterested the players are. Then we'll be fine.

No one is denying your right to do as you please. You also have the right to take a dump on your own kitchen table. We're just pointing out that the smell might spoil your dinner.
I can se a "Morrisins Duel" in the offing here........

Who'd have a thunk a thread on "affects" of verbals etc would descend into this, go figure...

I think you’re missing the point here massively here are and coming across as very closed minded and old fashioned. Elite sport is all about maximising performance and incremental gains. It is absolutely indisputable that even the mentally toughest players will perform better if the crowd is on their side and supportive. The players should be subject to constructive criticism and the occasionally rollicking as required from the manager and coach (I.e. the people who actually know what they’re talking about). You ain’t going to find someone mentally tougher than Ben Stokes (also extremely talented) and he is 100% bought in to creating a supportive environment with no fear of failure and players who guys like would have discarded as being mentally weak suddenly look like world beaters with no fear of failure. If you want to give the team the best chance to succeed be supportive. Alternatively carrying on meaning and booing like a spoilt kid every time they make a mistake. It’s not a good look though TBH.
Who's Multi is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.