Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
You blaming the fans?!?!!
Yes. The players are accused of being weak or snowflakes etc. but that just misses the point. The point is we have the players we have at any given time and if we want them to perform as well as they can (whatever their ability) subjecting them to booing and abuse is not going to help. It is completely counter productive. Saying the players should be able to cope with it is irrelevant. We have the players we have and they react the way they react. Some pointed out that the very best players can block it out - but they are usually not being abused by their own fans, being abused by away fans knowing that your own fans have your back can be motivational. The real snowflakes in all of this are grown men and women who are unable to control their emotions sufficiently to not act in a way inside the ground which is counter productive to what their goal is - Everton playing as well as possible.

Yes. The players are accused of being weak or snowflakes etc. but that just misses the point. The point is we have the players we have at any given time and if we want them to perform as well as they can (whatever their ability) subjecting them to booing and abuse is not going to help. It is completely counter productive. Saying the players should be able to cope with it is irrelevant. We have the players we have and they react the way they react. Some pointed out that the very best players can block it out - but they are usually not being abused by their own fans, being abused by away fans knowing that your own fans have your back can be motivational. The real snowflakes in all of this are grown men and women who are unable to control their emotions sufficiently to not act in a way inside the ground which is counter productive to what their goal is - Everton playing as well as possible.
Wins the internet

Erm. Has anyone mentioned how the players act with the referees? I have to constantly explain to my young sons that they shouldn’t ever behave like that, it’s aggressive and unnecessary. Many fathers will have to same task, explaining why the things their so called idols do are wrong.

They get paid absolutely ridiculous wages then complain when the popes on the street are acting in many ways EXACTLY like they do with referees. So a generation has grown up being shown by premier league footballers that this is how you treat people you aren’t happy with. Then it gets done back to them by the generation THEY taught to do it and they bitch and moan like they transcend the normal rules of society.

Like seriously boys, you reap what you sow. I’m surprised they don’t get more grief simply because of the money they are on.

Overpaid premadonnas. And another thing Anthony Gordon for one is forever chucking it about in the pitch acting like he is Arnold schwarzenegger. He’s got a bit back in the real world and spat his dummy. Good riddance I say.

Erm. Has anyone mentioned how the players act with the referees? I have to constantly explain to my young sons that they shouldn’t ever behave like that, it’s aggressive and unnecessary. Many fathers will have to same task, explaining why the things their so called idols do are wrong.

They get paid absolutely ridiculous wages then complain when the popes on the street are acting in many ways EXACTLY like they do with referees. So a generation has grown up being shown by premier league footballers that this is how you treat people you aren’t happy with. Then it gets done back to them by the generation THEY taught to do it and they bitch and moan like they transcend the normal rules of society.

Like seriously boys, you reap what you sow. I’m surprised they don’t get more grief simply because of the money they are on.

Overpaid premadonnas. And another thing Anthony Gordon for one is forever chucking it about in the pitch acting like he is Arnold schwarzenegger. He’s got a bit back in the real world and spat his dummy. Good riddance I say.
Good points. Should be an instant yellow for reacting to the ref, like in (ptoey ) rugby.

The Park End has cost us a lot of points over the years, did you go to the Bayern Munich game? We don't win that game with the crowd we have at Goodison these days.
Was it Andy Gray who said the fans in the street end sucked the ball into the goal? The current fanbase would be blowing it back out.
Yeah I was at the Bayern game, I missed 5 home games since 75 and I didn’t miss many in the 10years preceding that.
Our fans are just as passionate now as they ever were.
But 30 years of failure and decline have inevitably taken a toll and made us a bit more angry and impatient.
I thought we supporters did alright last season , every bit as passionate and supportive as that night v Bayern.

The way players act towards referees is unacceptable.

The way players act towards refs is unacceptable. It possible to play sport in a highly competitive aggressive manner without being a complete kn#b on the pitch. It's so easy to crack down on it. Just sin bin anyone approaching or talking to the ref other than the captain. It would stop very quickly.

I apparently need 5 posts to view the “World Forum” so here’s an unnecessary, pedantic post: He’s not saying it “effects” them, he’s saying it “affects” them.

Also, humans angry about their own lives, tend to project that anger toward others. See: road rage, disgruntled educators, law enforcement, sport “supporters”, crap parents, etc. It’s all counter-productive. Now a boss with underperforming employees, that can be different; the anger can be a tool.

Up Dyche’s shithousing Everton, up the Forest Green!

Hello from America.

The way players act towards referees is unacceptable.

The way players act towards refs is unacceptable. It possible to play sport in a highly competitive aggressive manner without being a complete kn#b on the pitch. It's so easy to crack down on it. Just sin bin anyone approaching or talking to the ref other than the captain. It would stop very quickly.
Well the rugby pros go along with it.

I welcome this bold stance Kev. 4th post on the forum and you're throwing haymakers at the floppies.

I apparently need 5 posts to view the “World Forum” so here’s an unnecessary, pedantic post: He’s not saying it “effects” them, he’s saying it “affects” them.

Also, humans angry about their own lives, tend to project that anger toward others. See: road rage, disgruntled educators, law enforcement, sport “supporters”, crap parents, etc. It’s all counter-productive. Now a boss with underperforming employees, that can be different; the anger can be a tool.

Hello from America.
Hi Mate
World forum has the best threads, folowed by the Ale House, not much Everton chat in there so its good fun

Hello from America.
Excellent post for one so young!
You can come back

Status
Not open for further replies.