Bilic confirming that abusing players effects their game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing but the reason rugby players go along with it is that they get penalised territory for every infringement which is a meaningful punishment and hurts their team.
Yes I agree with the rugby way of dealing with aggression towards the referee.
Point is would the FA and PL dare to enforce the same rules in football.

I mean the correct move is to take toxic nob heads out of it! However, as that ain’t happening, we will continue subjecting young men to abuse and hope they can “man up”….,,.

?
And you were doing so well.

The correct move, as I've already said, is to stop recruiting players of the psychological type that can't handle negative reactions to their poor performances from fans.

I listed several players from our recent past who DIDN'T crumble when the Goodison crowd refused to accept poor performances. Recruit more players like that. As an interesting aside, I'd hazard a guess that each of the ones I named would start instead of their contemporaries in our current squad.

The correct move, as I've already said, is to stop recruiting players of the psychological type that can't handle negative reactions to their poor performances from fans.

I listed several players from our recent past who DIDN'T crumble when the Goodison crowd refused to accept poor performances. Recruit more players like that. As an interesting aside, I'd hazard a guess that each of the ones I named would start instead of their contemporaries in our current squad.
Utter shoite

Dinosaur status assured

Until professional sport reaches the point where every player is given a participation medal and told "you're all winners," ticket-buying fans have every right to criticize performances, within reason. We hold the players to a certain standard; they ave an obligation to make the effort to at least reach it. After all, that's what they're paid for. Booing and vocally lambasting their efforts, such as "move your ass, you lazy [Poor language removed]" is fine in my book. Nothing personal or via social media, though. That's crossing a line.

As a team that has recruitment problems due to money and lack of prestige and general ineptitude do you not think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot a bit going forward by only recruiting players who can play well whilst being subjected to abuse from their own fans. Might limit the pool a bit. A better tactic would be to recruit super talented but emotionally fragile players who just need the correct environment to perform to their ability and to encourage rather than abuse.

Until professional sport reaches the point where every player is given a participation medal and told "you're all winners," ticket-buying fans have every right to criticize performances, within reason. We hold the players to a certain standard; they ave an obligation to make the effort to at least reach it. After all, that's what they're paid for. Booing and vocally lambasting their efforts, such as "move your ass, you lazy [Poor language removed]" is fine in my book. Nothing personal or via social media, though. That's crossing a line.
No one is denying your right to do as you please. You also have the right to take a dump on your own kitchen table. We're just pointing out that the smell might spoil your dinner.

I get that, but I think he’s right in what he says.
The players got grandstand seat cushions thrown at them if they played badly - my late father always stated you support your team through thick & thin - they are on film stars wages now though .... not £10 more than a Ford worker in those days ....

I never heard our players getting too much stick - the odd moan & groan etc .....

Utter shoite

Dinosaur status assured
You're in favour of recruiting players who don't possess the psychological tools to achieve at the highest level?

You must be LOVING the relegation battle.

I played and coached in three different competitive team sports. I have witnessed first hand, even at amateur level, that players do not automatically crumble in the face of hostile crowds. It depends on mentality.

Every Prem club has greater resources to deviate to the recruitment process than we currently see deployed at Everton. Better recruitment weeds out the weaker players and IMHO if they aren't blaming fans for their poor performances, weak players will just look for the next excuse.

Quitters don't win, and winners don't quit. But keyboard warriors who have never played or coached like to believe the famous psychologist Slaven Bilic. ?

Last edited:

Quitters don't win, and winners don't quit. But keyboard warriors who have never played or coached like to believe the famous psychologist Slaven Bilic. ?
I think you’re missing the point here massively here are and coming across as very closed minded and old fashioned. Elite sport is all about maximising performance and incremental gains. It is absolutely indisputable that even the mentally toughest players will perform better if the crowd is on their side and supportive. The players should be subject to constructive criticism and the occasionally rollicking as required from the manager and coach (I.e. the people who actually know what they’re talking about). You ain’t going to find someone mentally tougher than Ben Stokes (also extremely talented) and he is 100% bought in to creating a supportive environment with no fear of failure and players who guys like would have discarded as being mentally weak suddenly look like world beaters with no fear of failure. If you want to give the team the best chance to succeed be supportive. Alternatively carrying on meaning and booing like a spoilt kid every time they make a mistake. It’s not a good look though TBH.

Status
Not open for further replies.