Biggest transfer window disappointment

Which is the biggest miss?

• Striker / CF

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Number 10 / Playmaker / Unlocker / (Insert FM jargon)

Votes: 117 60.3%
  • Yarmolenko / Outside playmaker / Pienaar replacement

Votes: 60 30.9%
  • CB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GK / Howard out!

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • otra con queso

Votes: 5 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's depressing we didn't get a player in Silva's (or Eriksen's) mould which could help us beat those defensive teams at home. Think that was our last chance to build a top team - another year outside of TOP6 and we'll propably face a massive exodus of our young stars.

Cup run is our only chance, but I'm not optimistic.

We is slowly falling behind other teams and why will the current crop of stars stay? They won't. Bottom half finish and it's fine in the boards eyes with there ambition oh wait they don't have any.

Yarmolenko, he would have moved the entire team up a notch, not often we will have even a chance to get that type of quality player in - makes it worse that he was dying to come to us as well...

Oh well will be the one that got away when hes tearing it up with a massive team next season :(

Yarmolenko.

Needed a number 10 more but I think his talent eclipses everything else. Once in a decade chance to sign that kind of quality while we're the club we currently are.
If we could have landed him for £18m and then got £8m of that back for Naismith today then that would have been perfect

Not sure about Mori at that sort of figure I'd have preferred a proven PL defender, but for now I'll trust Martinez on that one.

Pleased with Lennon though.

Ayew sure?
We could have. Palace, Swansea and West Ham played blinders. They knew we were interested in those players and snapped them up right at the start of the window when we probably thought we could get other targets and didn't want to pay the money.

I do wish we had of kept bidding for Yarmolenko raising the price up to 25m pounds until Kiev couldn't say no. We had the money and we won't get him in January so financially it would still make sense. Surely there was a point where the owner couldn't say no.

We could have. Palace, Swansea and West Ham played blinders. They knew we were interested in those players and snapped them up right at the start of the window when we probably thought we could get other targets and didn't want to pay the money.
We will finish above all of those teams.

You know why?

Because we're Everton and we have some properly boss players and I think some of you are forgetting that.

Although I know we need a mythical number 10, I feel we had Yarmolenko in our sights. Though he would not have addressed that role, he would have energized the fan base and the squad. We've just lost Cleverley to injury and Stones handed in a transfer request and we're giving that squad two unknowns and Lennon to excite them. I don't see how Bobby is going to be able to keep the true talent come next year.

I do wish we had of kept bidding for Yarmolenko raising the price up to 25m pounds until Kiev couldn't say no. We had the money and we won't get him in January so financially it would still make sense. Surely there was a point where the owner couldn't say no.
There is so much wrong with this post.

It'll never be the same again for me. Everytime I hear anyone from the club crying poverty those words will be sailing on the wind '£8 million for Steven Naismith.................£8 million for Steven Naismith'

We will finish above all of those teams.

You know why?

Because we're Everton and we have some properly boss players and I think some of you are forgetting that.
I'm not so sure. Swansea and Palace are good teams with good managers. We should be in and around them but the teams in that mini league are a lot closer this season than usual. There's quality throughout the premiership.

Status
Not open for further replies.