2023/24 Beto

I suspect that the only reason we bought him is that we didn't have to pay anything last season and therefore his acquisition would have no adverse effect on last year's accounts
And he worked at KFC before becoming a footballer...

Probably knows how to cook up a mean storm.

It would make sense that our form has taken a turn for the worse if he knows the Colonels secret recipe and everybody is gorging on his fried chicken. 🤷‍♂️

My name is Beto and

cab8eee2-323a-4574-b1e2-13a020fb992d_text.gif

Wanted it to work out, wanted him to be a success, but £25million. Udinese bought him for 7million Euros (£6million) in 2021. We conned Fulham out of £21million for Iwobi.

It's a world of pain, everywhere there is to look it's agony. It's looking like Harrison is leeds bound, Gomes is as good as gone. Reckon we could default on Beto and pay a much reduced fee and give him back to Udinese? Danjuma doesn't get played, why fight tooth and nail to sign him? It's all just so so broken.

A mess would be an improvement, and I can see Goodison becoming increasingly toxic. Learned nothing from the johnson days of doing everything on the never-never.

I think unless Beto gets a run it's very hard to judge him on cameos, yesterday he did more in his sub appearance than Dom did all game yes he lacks composure and he is erratic but he looks more of a threat to score for me he got in two positions that Dom wouldn't have. He is adapting to this league yes his all round game is worse than Dom's and he's very raw, but he is a nusicance and unpredictable and might just get on the end of a few things with a few starts. We paid 25m for a fella who has barely started if Dom hadn't regained fitness he may have got a run by now. Dom hasn't scored since October how much do we have to lose by starting Beto for a few games and bringing Dom on?!

Its scary that people think this.

Its like they dont even watch the game.
He got in more attacking positions. If you mean Dom did more all round fair enough. I am talking threat and that's a strikers first job ultimately. Beto had more threat that he couldn't finish is an issue but it's been said if you keep getting in position then you will eventually score. Dom looks short of confidence in front of goal. We have to try something different we haven't won for nine matches?!

He got in more attacking positions. If you mean Dom did more all round fair enough. I am talking threat and that's a strikers first job ultimately. Beto had more threat that he couldn't finish is an issue but it's been said if you keep getting in position then you will eventually score. Dom looks short of confidence in front of goal. We have to try something different we haven't won for nine matches?!
Maybe we could try not playing a CB at RB, push the full backs up and try attacking?

I agree mate especially at home, I just posted that in the Dyche thread
We put in 1 very good cross for DCL yesterday, Dunk defended it brilliantly, but I think that was the first decent cross since around August.

I know people are focusing on DCL and hes in very poor form, but he spent most of yesterdays game flicking the ball on to himself on the halfway line.