2023/24 Beto

…I think it’s a real quandary for Dyche. He’ll be desperately wanting somebody to score goals for the team, he hinted at this in his post-match interview, but;

- DCL is most polished, the most technically effective and arguably fits the team shape best but he’s offering no threat as far as goals is concerned;
- Beto is raw, technically poor and has to have the ball played beyond the central defenders. Anything played up to him is likely to come back but he’s a handfull. Like DCL, offers little threat as fas goals are concerned.
- Chermiti has shown nothing in his cameo’s. I get the impression Dyche just hopes he might do something rather than expecting him to do something.

It’s nothing to do with favouritism. This is what Dyche has at his disposal.
Agree. Generally I'd have dcl as 1st choice number 9. But next game I'd start Beto.

OK fair enough...stick with DCL and fingers crossed he is able to score a goal in the remaining games. Probably score in the 5-1 defeat at Arsenal
I think there is more to it than just that. The tactics don't help, neither do the 'wingers'.

I'm.not saying dcl is the answer, and the tactics arguably have to accommodate what the manager has available... it's far to easy to say dcl is the problem.. in my view.

But Beto definitely isn't the answer, sadly.

Who saw him a thought yes, this is the man.

Was he signed from a GIF sent to a scout?

I don’t think we did scout him that much tbf.

We only had DCL at the club as as striker, he had not played many games for 2 years.

We had zero money.

We didn’t know DCL wasn’t going to miss half a season again, so we went around looking to buy with zero money.

This is the only player and udinesee were the only club willing to let a striker go for zero down payment.

That’s how Beto happened

….the fact he’s bringing Beto on ahead of him might just mean something.

I see the logic but this is the same man that picks young every time he has the chance and tries to shut up shop against 10 men and sit deep. so his opinion means very little to me if I’m being honest.

Beto can't control or hold up the ball. Every time we clear it it will come straight back.

Mate he held the ball up better than DCL today.

Also makes runs behind defenders so that we have an option to pass rather than just chipping the ball in the air to their CB’s.

Also runs the channels and he does bring others into the game better than DCL

Mate he held the ball up better than DCL today.

Also makes runs behind defenders so that we have an option to pass rather than just chipping the ball in the air to their CB’s.

Also runs the channels and he does bring others into the game better than DCL
It's a game of opinions mate. Neither are good but I don't rate Beto at all.

Genuinely what have we got to lose by giving him 5 starts? We sure won’t score less by trying it.
While I do give a slight edge to DCL, I'm coming around to this view. 20 games without a goal from Dom is really tough, maybe Beto to start a few and bring Dom off the bench for the last 20 min. or so and see what happens. Sometimes a change is needed just to mix things up. To your point, Beto can't really score any less than Dom at this point, I guess the question is, do we think Beto would do enough with hold up play and other things a lone striker is asked to do.