2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely superb last night, I know it’s lower league opponents, but he looks so much better in the middle where he can link up play. I hope he gets his chance to play more for us, I think he has a lot to offer.

Decent last night. Great finish and, bar the 20-minute anonymous spell, was important to how we played.

It's one thing taking the piss out of some plumbers in the Carabao and quite another playing in the premier league though. For £130k a week, we need to be making a better return than this.

Played well, more central suits him, ball for Ritchie’s first was class. If Gomes gets injured then Bernard could be good option with Allan and Doucoure in midfield. Think i’d rather him than Sigurdsson.

Gives us something different in that position. Hes attitude is brilliant. I was one calling for him to be sold so hands up he may have a role to play this season. Goals and assists from the middle of the pitch are vital so hopefully he can do it in the PL.

A lot of people saying Bernard is a worthy back up at the moment due to some promising performances in the cup games. I just think it suits him when he gets time on the ball. That can happen in some games but all of our midfield now and partly the forwards are very good at taking the ball under pressure. Gomes, Allan and obviously James particularly. Bernard loses the ball too much when under pressure and I think this is why maybe CA doesn’t fancy him in the prem games. Saying that, he brought on iwobi and Davies against Palace, maybe that’s because they offer something defensively?

A lot of people saying Bernard is a worthy back up at the moment due to some promising performances in the cup games. I just think it suits him when he gets time on the ball. That can happen in some games but all of our midfield now and partly the forwards are very good at taking the ball under pressure. Gomes, Allan and obviously James particularly. Bernard loses the ball too much when under pressure and I think this is why maybe CA doesn’t fancy him in the prem games. Saying that, he brought on iwobi and Davies against Palace, maybe that’s because they offer something defensively?

Iwobi must have thought he was already at palace the way he was passing to them.
He offers nothing defensively.
Phase 2(i hope) is the squad can get stronger. Because bringing the likes of him on in games shows how thin the squad is.
Good first 11.
After that.
God help us. The dross of last year.

I would love Bernard to stay, I genuinely think he can offer us something. Under Carlo he can be an asset, he has really good technique, with a bit of love from the boss and fans and he can be a great little squad member.

I like Bernard. I hope he stays with limited play he can be a good change of pace in various situations.
A lot of wages to come on late in games, especially if it’s just home games as Ancelotti doesn’t seem to trust him away from home.

I think we would sell If a decent Offer came in. Unfortunately I think he will stay and leave on a free in 2yrs

A lot of wages to come on late in games, especially if it’s just home games as Ancelotti doesn’t seem to trust him away from home.

I think we would sell If a decent Offer came in. Unfortunately I think he will stay and leave on a free in 2yrs
Don't focus on wages, he cost nothing, swings and roundabouts, monopoly money remember lol

Still think others could leave before him that haven't added anything of note to our team. But I see your point.

Status
Not open for further replies.