2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snapping at his heels and surely ahead of Siggy in the pecking order now. He will thrive with better players around him, little magician.
Id agree with you. I think bernard would be a better player to break teams down than siggy but I think Carlo likes siggy set plays etc but maybe both will stay in squad.

If he's playing in this box to box role (people are saying it was a #10 but it isn't, especially against competent sides) he has to show he can stand up to PL level midfields before I'd say we can count on him.

Tonight's great performance shows he would smash it in Spain or Italy. Hopefully we can get some decent money for him as he's quality. Still too small for the pl sadly.

If he's playing in this box to box role (people are saying it was a #10 but it isn't, especially against competent sides) he has to show he can stand up to PL level midfields before I'd say we can count on him.
Of course, but that role tonight seems to suit him, and he worked his tail off in it. Earned more game time.

Of course, but that role tonight seems to suit him, and he worked his tail off in it. Earned more game time.
I just have to see it against a real midfield. He's looked relatively good at it but he's had more time and space than he will get against tougher opposition and out of possession he will have to bring something in games like that as well. Maybe West Ham next round he can get that chance although I'm not even sure when that match is.

Fleetwood midfield didn’t pressure the ball well. He is small and can be intimidated, but give Bernard time and space, he will boss the game. He will not have the time and space very often against a Premier League club, so it remains to be seen if he can up his game a bit.

Last edited:
He had a good game Bernard, chased everything and worked his socks off. Cracking ball to Richarlison for his goal and was unlucky not to have him self 2 goals in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.