2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s definitely a precedent for players of his height doing very well in that league in recent years, he might go there and tear it up

Talented player though he is, it’s not going to happen for him here and we need to cut wages of so many players who aren’t contributing enough for what they’re being paid. We should see the following off the wage bill by the end of the season:

Bernard
Walcott
Tosun
Besic
Delph
Bolasie

Can’t wait!

Talented player though he is, it’s not going to happen for him here and we need to cut wages of so many players who aren’t contributing enough for what they’re being paid. We should see the following off the wage bill by the end of the season:

Bernard
Walcott
Tosun
Besic
Delph
Bolasie

Can’t wait!

Wishful thinking with most of those apart from the 2 whose contract expires.

Wishful thinking with most of those apart from the 2 whose contract expires.
Walcott, Besic and Bolassie are out of contract, no? Someone will take Bernard for sure, if we’re happy to let him go. Tosun might be a bit trickier since his injury and we’d want to recoup some of the £27 mil we spunked on him but I reckon he’ll push for a move, needs to to get in the national squad/team. Delph is wishful thinking, you’re right, don’t know what I was thinking. Nobody is going to give us a fee for him or give him anywhere close to the contract he’s on here even if we try to give him away for free. Is he in the last year of his contract in the summer? If we can’t give him away in the summer you’d hope we do what West Ham did with wilshere situation.

Walcott, Besic and Bolassie are out of contract, no? Someone will take Bernard for sure, if we’re happy to let him go. Tosun might be a bit trickier since his injury and we’d want to recoup some of the £27 mil we spunked on him but I reckon he’ll push for a move, needs to to get in the national squad/team. Delph is wishful thinking, you’re right, don’t know what I was thinking. Nobody is going to give us a fee for him or give him anywhere close to the contract he’s on here even if we try to give him away for free. Is he in the last year of his contract in the summer? If we can’t give him away in the summer you’d hope we do what West Ham did with wilshere situation.

Walcott is basically gone just need him of the wage bill but that will not be until end of season. There will be no fee for him.

Walcott is basically gone just need him of the wage bill but that will not be until end of season. There will be no fee for him.
Still, come the summer that’ll be three reasonably high earners out of contract and off the wage bill. Fees are out the window for them now, just need rid. Annoying to see Walcott doing so well for Southampton.

He's a nice player but he just hasn't cut it. His wages are huge, his impact is little, if someone's offering 10mil bite it off, see if we can buy a forward who can play across the three positions, if not give Gordon on the bench in his place (see also Nkounkou and Digne being able to play lw more effectively)

Bernard is not going to get us champions league football this season

He has great ability but is so inconsistent. He doesn't justify being one of our top earners so if we get anything for him I'd sell. Hopefully something can be worked out with Roma

Status
Not open for further replies.