2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Osman was small, not very quick. But streets ahead of Bernard. Why do we need to move him around. Once he’s failed in the attacking midfield role, what then Right back?

IMO If a player hasn’t made a place in the team his own in 2 seasons, then there’s no hope.

I agree to an extent.

It's not about Bernard, per se.

It's about having a different dynamic in the team. Somebody who will take a bit of a risk when we have the ball in midfield in our own half. Somebody who will try and a beat man or play an ambitious ball. It's something we're crying out for, imo.

Of course, at the weekend, we saw Carlo try to do exactly this, by playing J-God there.

I don't see how he could offer less defensively than Gylfi in a midfield 3. And despite the fact he's not rapid, he's not particularly slow and he can cover ground.

As I say, we need a proper creative type for centre mid (not number 10,) imo. We've needed it for a long, long time. It's probably why people still ask "where's the Arteta money Bill" :p

Had moments when he first joined of what he could do. As time has passed those moments have got further and further between. Always been eager to see him do well, as he’s the type of intelligent-like we’ve needed. Sometimes I can see what he’s trying to do but doesn’t have the consistency to execute it.

also rare you find a player that is slow, small abs weak who makes it in England. If you’re small, then you need to be quick. Or if your slow, then you need to be strong. He doesn’t have any of the three to help him succeed.

I say this despite having a soft spot for him. Every now and then a game suits him and he can look a a player, but it’s way, way to occassional. He isn’t a bad footballer, just not suited to a fast, physical game. He has lacked confidence for a long time now as well and nobody has put faith in him to give him a run of games to get it back too. He’s opened up about having mental health troubles too. Maybe the best thing for him is a slower league, different culture, a fresh start.
Genuinely don’t doubt his effort at all, just not fit for us.

don’t think I’ve wanted anyone to succeed for us as much as Bernie, but will be glad if he goes to Roma and does well.

I'm with you. I hoped he would be like Silva for Man City or perhaps Juninho of Middlesborough, operating in pockets of space and unlocking defences. Saw him trip over his own feet in strong positions more often then I have seen him deliver anything devastating.
Unfortunately, isn't particularly tricky or intelligent. I am not convinced he will change the game coming off the bench.

Very likeable lad. Work hard on pitch but eventually I have come to the conclusion he isnt what we need. He has always done his best work down middle in his career. Like a free role. He can be difficult to pick up and looks good driving into space that he can find. However he offers nothing out wide. He cant find the space. He doesnt have pace or power to go past defenders. He doesnt have the physicality to play out wide in modern premiership.

Carlo does not at with s free roaming player. James is our closest thing to that and he is different class. So for me we should look to sell and replace.
I always hoped he'd be a Pienaar type player for us. Sadly it hasn't worked out that way.

Jesus christ he spent all game smashing the ball off the nearest rotherham player last time out and then picked up a wage of 100 thousand pound sterling for it. People doing time for stealing a car worth 300. This fella practically did a bank job.

And the apathy these players show. Give me 3 grand a week and I'd be sticking my face into a swinging boot to block it with relentless intensity from the first and final whistle.
I suspect the club would look dimly on you offering fans out on discussion forums after they criticise your performances however.

I would definitely keep siggy as hes a top player. Bernard is certainly gifted but I just feel the Premier league is too physical for him, he really would do better in a different league and its in his and our best interest for him to leave

Very likeable lad. Work hard on pitch but eventually I have come to the conclusion he isnt what we need. He has always done his best work down middle in his career. Like a free role. He can be difficult to pick up and looks good driving into space that he can find. However he offers nothing out wide. He cant find the space. He doesnt have pace or power to go past defenders. He doesnt have the physicality to play out wide in modern premiership.

Carlo does not at with s free roaming player. James is our closest thing to that and he is different class. So for me we should look to sell and replace.

I wouldn't exactly call james different class, indifferent perhaps so far

His first season for one. Also, has did more in terms of goals and assists than most of the midfield last season.

Basically he's not completely useless.
Yes because he’s up against Gomes, Davies, Delph. Who hardly got a goal or assist between them.

Just because he had slightly better stats than that lot, doesn’t make him
Any good or good enough to be a squad player for us, which he isn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.