2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from Richie, James, DCL which players in the present squad should we play if we have title aspirations?
Seems like we can't play Bernie cause he's not good enough to get into a title winning team that exists only in your imagination mate!
Aside from a couple of players this Everton team is really very poor (perhaps others will come good but that remains to be seen) and rate him or not Bernard provides/posseses creativity that is sorely lacking in the rest of the team.
It genuinely baffles me how people who watch our games cannot see that.
Are you serious mate. This is the whole point Bernard is bang average, but apparently I can’t see his qualities. What is this the odd assist and goal he provides. The guy is as weak as piss and he was a Brazilian international on a free transfer. And he signed for a team that finishes 7th or 8th most seasons. No champions league teams knocking his door down, i wonder why.

Him and Gomes have pulled the wool over most fans eyes including yours. Because Gomes looks nice and Bernard will occasionally trap a ball out the sky.

both our [Poor language removed] and I can’t wait till they leave. We don’t need 11 world class played to succeed, the 85 team didn’t have that, bit the likes of Bernard, Gomes, siggurdsson need booting out the door ASAP. And any fan who thinks they deserve a place or to still be at the club next season our clueless and lack any ambition. That my opinion mate

Apart from Richie, James, DCL which players in the present squad should we play if we have title aspirations?

Seems like we can't play Bernie cause he's not good enough to get into a title winning team that exists only in your imagination mate!
Aside from a couple of players this Everton team is really very poor (perhaps others will come good but that remains to be seen) and rate him or not Bernard provides/posseses creativity that is sorely lacking in the rest of the team.

Seriously man, have you been actually watching the same Everton over the last 3 odd seasons when he played as I have? he is rubbish, the press refer to 'Brazilian' Bernard as if he plays for Brazil - he has 14 caps according to Wikipedia the last in 2014.

The only thing more annoying than watching the likes of Bernard, Iwobi, Sigs, Davies and Delph is supporters oblivious to how terrible they are.

If I was manager they would all be long gone out of the club and wage book

Bernard is among the highest earners at Goodison and unless people are blind its clear he is pants. I might be getting a bit tiresome to some with my constant nagging of players but there is no excuse for these half arsed attempts they are putting on when they wear the Everton jersey, most fans would bust a gut to play for the team.

There is a lot of talk in the media about the new training ground of the RS - but what they are not saying is Everton have a world class training complex too, I was there (my avatar is from the media room) and its pretty awesome which is why I am more annoyed with the likes of Sigs, Davies Iwobi etc putting in miserable performances week in week out. They have no excuse - just leave like that snake Schneiderlin did

As for Tom he would earn my respect more if he asked to leave since he clearly doesn't figure in the plans of the first team, if he asked to leave or go on loan it would show he at least cares about his own future and development and is not content to bum around.

Gordon had the initiative to barge into Carlo's office asking why is he not playing and that's the right way to do things - he cares which is why I would like to see him in the starting line up

its too long since Everton last won anything, and too many players have been passengers for too long.
It's not really an excuse but they just aren't very good players. They can train 24/7 and they'll still not be very good. I don't know why we have to take it so personally. I don't think for a second that they share the passion for the club that we do, well maybe Davies does but generally speaking, but that also doesn't mean they aren't actively doing everything they can to succeed.

At least Bernard has a hope of linking up well with our best players. I.e Hamez, richarlison, Allan. The rest of our B-team can't pass 5 yards.

It's not really an excuse but they just aren't very good players. They can train 24/7 and they'll still not be very good. I don't know why we have to take it so personally. I don't think for a second that they share the passion for the club that we do, well maybe Davies does but generally speaking, but that also doesn't mean they aren't actively doing everything they can to succeed.

If Tom cared he would be angry why he cant get into the side and ask to leave - he is content to sit on his ar$enal and do diddly squat and play his part as a sub or against some non league pub team. I expected better of him, most Everton fans did but he is not alone all the other players I mentioned are just as bad and should be booted out by next summer - else Everton will never win anything with these dead weights faffing around the place

At least Bernard has a hope of linking up well with our best players. I.e Hamez, richarlison, Allan. The rest of our B-team can't pass 5 yards.

Bernard can do the odd pass, I agree but for his wages its simply not enough and his overall contribution is less than what the toffee ladies do before games throwing sweets into the crowd. There is a reason he is not playing games

I would kick them out, I want players to bleed for the club and win every match. Schneiderlin was only the tip of the iceberg

Bernard can do the odd pass, I agree but for his wages its simply not enough and his overall contribution is less than what the toffee ladies do before games throwing sweets into the crowd. There is a reason he is not playing games

A net positive contribution is better than most outside the starting 11. Do agree Ancelotti doesn't like him though, and that's what matters.

I still like bernard, gets a lot of unwarranted stick. Works his plums off and why when Richy is out we aren't utilising the dynamic he has with Digne is baffling

I still like bernard, gets a lot of unwarranted stick. Works his plums off and why when Richy is out we aren't utilising the dynamic he has with Digne is baffling

Purely due to physicality.

Iwobi is nowhere near the level of footballer he is...but would play over him due to his athleticism

Iwobi is nowhere near the level of footballer he is...but would play over him due to his athleticism
As a short arse myself I take umbrage with this, size is not necessarily an good indicator of strength. In seriousness, it is a problem with todays football, we prefer athletes to actual footballers and that makes me sad. The modern game isn't a patch on pre premier league for excitement.

If Bernard were actually an attacking threat or a competent ball winner we would put the lack of physicality to the side and play him anyway but as he isn't either of those things we can't afford it. Unfortunately in most sports athleticism is part of the skill of playing the game so not being up to the required level physically is really just not being good enough.

As a short arse myself I take umbrage with this, size is not necessarily an good indicator of strength. In seriousness, it is a problem with todays football, we prefer athletes to actual footballers and that makes me sad. The modern game isn't a patch on pre premier league for excitement.
This has more to do with the ridiculous discrepancy of wealth between those at the top of the PL and those at the lower levels than it does with footballers being in top shape and not having a beer and a couple of cigs post match. Athletes are preferred because being a good athlete is part of being a good player. It's a demanding game now.

This has more to do with the ridiculous discrepancy of wealth between those at the top of the PL and those at the lower levels than it does with footballers being in top shape and not having a beer and a couple of cigs post match. Athletes are preferred because being a good athlete is part of being a good player. It's a demanding game now.
I meant in a sense that the true mavericks are coached out of being a maverick, if you get what I mean. Obviously the stuff like diet and that has been hugely beneficial but the over done tactics actually stop good player being able to do what they do best. I'm old school, I like my mavericks.

I meant in a sense that the true mavericks are coached out of being a maverick, if you get what I mean. Obviously the stuff like diet and that has been hugely beneficial but the over done tactics actually stop good player being able to do what they do best. I'm old school, I like my mavericks.
I don't know I still think plenty of really brilliant players play football brilliantly. I don't know who exactly you're thinking of when you say maverick but I feel like most past players have a pretty reasonable modern comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.