2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to be much more direct when he gets the ball. Attack the opponent. He has good skills 1 vs. 1. Against MU there was a situation where he ran towards Lindelof, dribbled, and came past. But too often he hesitates. In general, I think we have too few players who are good 1 vs. 1.

He needs to be much more direct when he gets the ball. Attack the opponent. He has good skills 1 vs. 1. Against MU there was a situation where he ran towards Lindelof, dribbled, and came past. But too often he hesitates. In general, I think we have too few players who are good 1 vs. 1.
Been thinking about this recently myself.

Who, other than possibly Richarlison, is willing to regularly take opposing players on? the advantage a team can gain by a midfielder taking on and beating even one opponent regularly, thus removing them from an attacking passage of play, shouldn't be understated.

Been thinking about this recently myself.

Who, other than possibly Richarlison, is willing to regularly take opposing players on? the advantage a team can gain by a midfielder taking on and beating even one opponent regularly, thus removing them from an attacking passage of play, shouldn't be understated.
Gordon.

Comes on, actually passes the ball a bit, gets labelled crap. Makes no sense to me.

It must already have been remarked that he is the new Leon Osman.
All comes down to ambition. Do you think osman would get in an Everton team that wants to win titles. Like would he have got in the 85 side. If we won’t to keeping finishing mid table, then by all means keep playing Bernard

All comes down to ambition. Do you think osman would get in an Everton team that wants to win titles. Like would he have got in the 85 side. If we won’t to keeping finishing mid table, then by all means keep playing Bernard
Apart from Richie, James, DCL which players in the present squad should we play if we have title aspirations?

Seems like we can't play Bernie cause he's not good enough to get into a title winning team that exists only in your imagination mate!
Aside from a couple of players this Everton team is really very poor (perhaps others will come good but that remains to be seen) and rate him or not Bernard provides/posseses creativity that is sorely lacking in the rest of the team.
It genuinely baffles me how people who watch our games cannot see that.

Last edited:
Bernard is among the highest earners at Goodison and unless people are blind its clear he is pants. I might be getting a bit tiresome to some with my constant nagging of players but there is no excuse for these half arsed attempts they are putting on when they wear the Everton jersey, most fans would bust a gut to play for the team.

There is a lot of talk in the media about the new training ground of the RS - but what they are not saying is Everton have a world class training complex too, I was there (my avatar is from the media room) and its pretty awesome which is why I am more annoyed with the likes of Sigs, Davies Iwobi etc putting in miserable performances week in week out. They have no excuse - just leave like that snake Schneiderlin did

As for Tom he would earn my respect more if he asked to leave since he clearly doesn't figure in the plans of the first team, if he asked to leave or go on loan it would show he at least cares about his own future and development and is not content to bum around.

Gordon had the initiative to barge into Carlo's office asking why is he not playing and that's the right way to do things - he cares which is why I would like to see him in the starting line up

its too long since Everton last won anything, and too many players have been passengers for too long.

Bernard is among the highest earners at Goodison and unless people are blind its clear he is pants. I might be getting a bit tiresome to some with my constant nagging of players but there is no excuse for these half arsed attempts they are putting on when they wear the Everton jersey, most fans would bust a gut to play for the team.

There is a lot of talk in the media about the new training ground of the RS - but what they are not saying is Everton have a world class training complex too, I was there (my avatar is from the media room) and its pretty awesome which is why I am more annoyed with the likes of Sigs, Davies Iwobi etc putting in miserable performances week in week out. They have no excuse - just leave like that snake Schneiderlin did

As for Tom he would earn my respect more if he asked to leave since he clearly doesn't figure in the plans of the first team, if he asked to leave or go on loan it would show he at least cares about his own future and development and is not content to bum around.

Gordon had the initiative to barge into Carlo's office asking why is he not playing and that's the right way to do things - he cares which is why I would like to see him in the starting line up

its too long since Everton last won anything, and too many players have been passengers for too long.
Great post, agree with everything there !!

Status
Not open for further replies.