2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to him. Always had time for him really. Followed him for a bit at Shakhtar under Fonseca and was made up when we signed him.. wasn't best suited for the Prem in the end.

Good luck to him. Thought there might be takers in Russia or Portugal but seemingly not.

His career has tumbled dramatically to move there but at least he wants to play and not sit and collect wages.

Thought he always gave his all on the pitch to be honest, I remember West Ham away a few years ago they couldn’t handle him and his defensive work was absolutely brilliant, literally was drenched in sweat when he got subbed off for a rest late in the 2nd half.

So everyone desperately wanted him sold, now he's getting sold and people whinge we're not getting £5-10m for him?

Can't please everyone I guess.

Personally I'm more bothered about the fact we could of sold him to roma last October for 8m but ancelotti said he needed him, then didn't play him. Then in January we had another bid of around 10m in January and ancelotti again said he needed him then preceded to not play him again.

I'm not bothered about what we got now more what we could of got but didn't.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we’ve ended up subsidising a chunk of his wages too.
My take is that’s why the fee is low. Buying club looking at total cost to them and can absorb wages by paying a minimal fee. Fair enough

AC Milan and WHAM were in for him. The wages are like I say the benefit of getting a player who has run down their contract as you would be looking at least 20 million for him and then wages on top. As he left with one year to go he cost the club in total 18 million - whatever these paid for him.

In hindsight everything is easy, if he had been brilliant we would have had a bargain.
This basically. The same people calling out Brands now were most likely creaming over him when we pulled this signing off 3 years ago.

Bernard didn’t pay himself that wage, it is not down to him that was down to the club. I can’t get my head around hating a player because the club have paid him to much. Who amongst us would argue against our employers for a smaller wage. I liked him for his effort, wasn’t quite good enough, maybe his diminutive stature was a factor in the Premier. I wish him good luck. If some of our fan base have issues with Bernard goodness knows how they feel about Tosun trying to extract a years wages from us just to move on.

The magician, master illusionist.

Brands is still scratching his head about it.

Personally I'm more bothered about the fact we could of sold him to roma last October for 8m but ancelotti said he needed him, then didn't play him. Then in January we had another bid of around 10m in January and ancelotti again said he needed him then preceded to not play him again.

I'm not bothered about what we got now more what we could of got but didn't.
Don't believe everything you read in the papers. At least 90% of it is made up crap.

Good luck Bernie, I'll never forget the goal against Spurs last year or some of the sublime play with Lucas.

We tried to make a big boy move but did it for a player who was not worth that wage obviously. The intent was right, the contract was not.

Status
Not open for further replies.