2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always wanted him to do well but just never happened despite him being very skilful. Big wage gone anyway from a player that gave us very little back in return which has got to be a good thing for the club. Wish him the best of luck anyway, no ill feeling here.

I would say we did overpay, he'd have probably accepted a deal for half the wages we ended up giving him. What other offers did he have at the time, i bet none as big as Everton. His salary is so high that we're letting him go for nothing just so someone will take him, if he were on considerably less we'd probably be getting a fee.

Proper FM signing. "He's a Brazil International who's played in the CL therefore he must be good! Quick, offer him a big contract to make sure we get him before someone else!"

Proper daft now in hindsight.

AC Milan and WHAM were in for him. The wages are like I say the benefit of getting a player who has run down their contract as you would be looking at least 20 million for him and then wages on top. As he left with one year to go he cost the club in total 18 million - whatever these paid for him.

In hindsight everything is easy, if he had been brilliant we would have had a bargain.

Prob as they are all the same, nice fellas, good to have around the place but not winners, ambitious or mentally strong. All par of the get paid for nothing club.

…I understand he was also very highly rated by the players. Talent always comes out in training sessions, but he was never truly effective as an Everton player.

Ultimately, this is a transfer that Brands is accountable for & not one that can be considered a success.

As did I, small, quick feet. Pienaar was some player in his pomp though. My favorite of ours last generation, so clever and skillful. Loved him me. Bernard had the feet but never really used his size to his advantage... Pienaar earned us more free kicks in dangerous places than any player since. A skill a few of our players could do with, Richy is dreadful at the foul, rolling around and frowning isn't how its done.
Same, I loved Pienaar. Proper footballer

Argue over another £600k for 6 weeks and we’ll have paid that much . Let’s just move on right ? I’d have liked more but given his wages I think it feels like it’s a deal to suit everyone . People comparing the fee for some 22 kid at the RS on 25k I feel are seeing the financial disparity.

Status
Not open for further replies.