2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
It didn’t work out as hoped, he had the talent but he obviously struggled with the pressures of it all.

Shame we couldn’t get a better fee. Another asset poorly managed by the club.

He goes down at another black mark against Brands. Yes he was a free, but the contract he was given was absolutely ridiculous (I'm assuming it was Brands who negotiated it). One of our highest earners when we were by far the best option he had at the time, he'd have probably been happy making only half what we offered him. Now to get him gone we basically have to give him away for nothing.

Silly business.

People basically calling him crap (which he is, but of course some people take online hate way too far). Seems a sensitive soul but hopefully he plays out the rest of his career nicely.
I don’t think he/is was crap: he’s a talented player who unfortunately wasn’t physically suitable for the PL in terms of strength, stamina or speed.

Really good player, but not cut out for the Prem. Really thought he could have been another Pienaar. Good luck to him.
As did I, small, quick feet. Pienaar was some player in his pomp though. My favorite of ours last generation, so clever and skillful. Loved him me. Bernard had the feet but never really used his size to his advantage... Pienaar earned us more free kicks in dangerous places than any player since. A skill a few of our players could do with, Richy is dreadful at the foul, rolling around and frowning isn't how its done.

By the looks of it , there was something that upset him behind the scenes but I'll always remember him with a smile on my face .
He had the talent and I don't think we can question his commitment just his ability to retain the ball in a league full of physical specimens .
All the best Bernie . Smash it lad .

Status
Not open for further replies.