2020/21 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a bit gutted about this one.

He comes across a good guy, and at his best he was a joy to watch. It's a shame he didn't live up to his early promise. The fans of the team he's joining seem pretty happy, though. I feel like due to his reported personal/mental issues he needs to be playing in a team where he is one of the stars and is appreciated by fans. Hopefully he gets that there.

Farewell.

Yeah - I think - more than most - he's been a victim of the managerial ins and outs at the club. Silva clearly rated him and was playing a system that suited him. Looked a good player - if a little low in production. That might have gotten better with time.

But once Silva went it felt like Carlo didn't really fancy him and he never got a meaningful chance to play regularly.

Not a bad player by any stretch. Wish him well.

Yeah - I think - more than most - he's been a victim of the managerial ins and outs at the club. Silva clearly rated him and was playing a system that suited him. Looked a good player - if a little low in production. That might have gotten better with time.

But once Silva went it felt like Carlo didn't really fancy him and he never got a meaningful chance to play regularly.

Silva dropped him pretty early on during his second season, for Iwobi.

Best of luck to him. Very talented little player. A little bit of a victim of circumstance with Silva being sacked and Carlo freezing him out, also someone of his physique was always going to face issues in England. Had we made Europe in any of his seasons here I think he'd have been much more useful to us.

For all the terrible business the club has done over the years, he was certainly worth a punt, perhaps not for the wages he was on, but to add a kind of player the club has missed since Pienaar.

Hope there is a fee involved and we can put that towards a quality RW!

Silva dropped him pretty early on during his second season, for Iwobi.
I'm pretty sure he got hurt and by the time he was healthy again Silva was sacked.

I just remember that he played with Iwobi against West Ham and it was awesome because [redacted] wasn't around to stand around and do nothing and then the next week Bernard got hurt and who trots in but [redacted] to totally ruin it.

Good luck to him, sad it didn't work out was hoping he'd be our own Juninho but he'll definitely do the job in UAE, can't imagine it's fun over there though playing in the heat of the Middle East

Thought the first season he was here, he was excellent, after that whether it was different managers, different systems, he never recaptured that form. Still a much better signing than Iwobi, who we couldn't give away.

Status
Not open for further replies.