2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope he stays fit for the rest of the season and can show a bit more consistency. He works well with Digne and helps us keep the ball better in midfield when he's playing well.

He suits the left midfield role more than the left wing/forward role. It would be nice if we had someone that could do a similar job on the right.

Hope he stays fit for the rest of the season and can show a bit more consistency. He works well with Digne and helps us keep the ball better in midfield when he's playing well.

He suits the left midfield role more than the left wing/forward role. It would be nice if we had someone that could do a similar job on the right.

What do you think of him being in the middle?

Behind the strikers, hes not got alot of pace but hes comfortable on the ball. Sigurdsson is nowhere to be seen at the moment.

I really wish we could figure out why he can't do 90. I know he busts a gut and such but I don't think he's ever done a full match with us. He is such a threat when he is on the pitch. He should have had about 3 assists today alone.

I really wish we could figure out why he can't do 90. I know he busts a gut and such but I don't think he's ever done a full match with us. He is such a threat when he is on the pitch. He should have had about 3 assists today alone.

Probably because he’s been injured, he hasn’t had a chance to get a full run in the team which would effect his match fitness.

What do you think of him being in the middle?

You would have to change the formation and or system but he is very suited to a more central position imo. Having options for him on both sides will score defenders more and make him harder to defend against. Being on the wing the defender only has to worry about being beat by him if that makes sense but knowing he can go both ways and can turn and run at a defence makes him a lot more creative

He has.
He’s been injured and 70 mins would have seen him in a fitness red zone.
Also the shouts to put him in the middle. No thanks. He has played wise left all his career. Keep him there and let him drift in as he pleases. You could see yesterday he was told to be creative and go where he wants.

He has.
He’s been injured and 70 mins would have seen him in a fitness red zone.
Also the shouts to put him in the middle. No thanks. He has played wise left all his career. Keep him there and let him drift in as he pleases. You could see yesterday he was told to be creative and go where he wants.
Spot on Andy, I think his position is irrelevant ( at home at least) as Carlo has seemingly instructed him to go where he can do most damage when he has the ball. Away from home stick to the left wing and help dine out when we are under pressure! I love the little feller, brightens every match for me, even if it isn’t coming off for him, he still has the confidence to try!

Status
Not open for further replies.