2019/20 Bernard

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've said this before on here, Bernard is a proper footballer. The problem is it has been so long since we had one of these, some of our fans have never seen one before.

Before the stat police tell me how few goals he scores, or, how few assists he makes. Football is about more than just that. If we had a few more equally gifted players around him they would be able to take advantage of the acres of space he creates with his movement and first touch.

Ask Richarlison if he likes playing alongside Bernard.

Getting deep there mate, why do you hate lil Bernie so?
HI ,I don't hate him at all ,I thought he played well today definitely one of his better days but as yet he doesn't compare with Pienaar .I do feel he is a little small and light but today in the playmaker role he was great ,on the wing he is brushed off to easily for me .

Some players just have a better likeability factor which detracts from their performances. If Bernard stinks the gaff out, he’s not fit. If sigurdsson does, he’s slaughtered. It just appears Bernard is a likeable sort of guy

Get what you’re saying, and Siggurdson is definitely not a bad player (though I think tiredness can be a factor) and doesn’t deserve so much criticism all the time, but with Bernard I just don’t understand how some cannot see how good he is!

When he gets the ball he makes things happen, and more than any other player (excepting in front of goal) I feel secure when he has the ball, as he not only creates but keeps possession.

Don’t have any stats to back me up on that, but it’s how I feel when he has the ball. Exudes confidence and has obvious belief in his own ability to play football better than those around him. He also gives 100 and 10 percent.

To be fair to Silva, some of the players he brought in seem to have genuine potential and when it worked I could see his vision for how he wanted this team to play.

Maybe Ancelloti will have the same problem in how to bring some steel and consistency to what on a good day, can be a very good team.

People went nuts over the Liverpool game but only focused on ‘we got beat by kids’. But although we were bloody awful second half ourselves, the standard of football Liverpool played in the second half was very good.

Considering we should have won the game by half time, it wasn’t anywhere nearly the ‘world coming to an end’ performance people said it was.

Really hope this time fans will give the manager time...

Get what you’re saying, and Siggurdson is definitely not a bad player (though I think tiredness can be a factor) and doesn’t deserve so much criticism all the time, but with Bernard I just don’t understand how some cannot see how good he is!

When he gets the ball he makes things happen, and more than any other player (excepting in front of goal) I feel secure when he has the ball, as he not only creates but keeps possession.

Don’t have any stats to back me up on that, but it’s how I feel when he has the ball. Exudes confidence and has obvious belief in his own ability to play football better than those around him. He also gives 100 and 10 percent.

To be fair to Silva, some of the players he brought in seem to have genuine potential and when it worked I could see his vision for how he wanted this team to play.

Maybe Ancelloti will have the same problem in how to bring some steel and consistency to what on a good day, can be a very good team.

People went nuts over the Liverpool game but only focused on ‘we got beat by kids’. But although we were bloody awful second half ourselves, the standard of football Liverpool played in the second half was very good.

Considering we should have won the game by half time, it wasn’t anywhere nearly the ‘world coming to an end’ performance people said it was.

Really hope this time fans will give the manager time...

Was more the second half of the derby. First half should have been game over.

But again, finishing comes into it... Burnley, Anfield, today...

Football is about more than just that. If we had a few more equally gifted players around him they would be able to take advantage of the acres of space he creates with his movement and first touch.

Ask Richarlison if he likes playing alongside Bernard.
Ive said the same in another thread , imagine having Everton Soares in the team with those 2.

Propper ball players on the same wavelength .

Status
Not open for further replies.